PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Controls inverted in Zsnes using Sixaxis through USB

Melhisedek
July 4th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hello there folks,
I wanted to use my sixaxis controller but as a USB controller and not using bluetooth (don't have any on my PC)

Problem is when i try to assign buttons to ZSNES emu freezes if I assign more than one at a time. If I assign just one at a time it goes well until I enter game. Funny enough controls get inverted as soon as I touch them. Like if I press Right character will continue going right until I press anything else, after than only way to move right is to press Left. And pressing left results in walking Right.

Also buttons are borked as well... Any ideas? Should I install some drivers perhaps? There are a lot of guides for using Sixaxis/Dualshock3 through Bluetooth but I don't have any so I want to use it with USB...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time!

seabeast
July 8th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I second this. Most guides for using the sixaxis are for operating it as a Bluetooth device, also most (if not all) emulators get pretty messed up with the analog buttons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

seanj
September 16th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I am having similar problems with a Logitech Dual Action controller. I made a thread, but got no replies and then some nice person deleted my thread.

I got both this controller and a Six Axis working fine on Slackware. So this is an Ubuntu + ZSNES problem.

moeabm
October 4th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I'm having the same issue.

Edit: this worked for me

http://blog.brokenfunction.com/2009/07/13/zsnes-and-a-sixaxis-controller/

Genkakuzai
January 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I didn't want to make a new thread so I am posting my questions in here, as the people seem to want to use their Dualshock/Sixaxis through USB as well.

As previously said, there are very few guides for setting it up to function through USB. I'm using an HP Mini which does not have Bluetooth otherwise I'd use it wirelessly. I have a Logitech PS3 Controller that works fine but I'd like to get my Dualshock/Sixaxis controller working as well to play multiplayer.

I'm using a variety of emulators, zSnes, Mupen64, etc. They recognize the PlayStation 3 Controller but don't allow me to input. I have not installed anything for the Dualshock/Sixaxis and was looking for a direct "how-to" if anyone has the time.

I'm still somewhat new to linux, I know the basics but need help when it comes to compiling and terminal work (occasionally, unless if it's as easy as copy/paste).

So if anyone has the time to set me up that'd be great and I'd appreciate it!

Keep it real sirs.