PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of July!

Grant A.
July 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
It's now July 4th in Texas.

I'd like to wish a happy July 4th to everyone here at the Ubuntu Forums, whether you are American, or not. :)

So, what are y'all's plans for the 4th of July? I'm going to stay up all night, and watch fireworks later today.

Addikit
July 4th, 2009, 07:11 AM
BBQ and drinking heavily with friends :)

Giant Speck
July 4th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Two more hours here in Alaska.

This is my first 4th of July in Alaska. I have a feeling the fireworks are going to suck.

Grant A.
July 4th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Two more hours here in Alaska.

This is my first 4th of July in Alaska. I have a feeling the fireworks are going to suck.

Is it the day or night time of year there?

cariboo
July 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I don't live that far north, or in the same time zone, but around here it gets dark at 10:00PM and starts getting light again at 3:00AM.

Giant Speck
July 4th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Is it the day or night time of year there?

It's 11:06 PM right now, and it is still light outside. The sun sets in 31 minutes, which is why I said the fireworks will probably suck.

doorknob60
July 4th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I dunno, the fireworks might suck more here in Oregon considering all the good ones are illegal (except for professionals, which luckily there is a firework show here, but still...).

lordyosch
July 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Happy 4th July to you all from a Brit.

How big a thing is 4th July? How does it compare to Xmas or Thanksgiving? (or anything else you guys have that we don't)

Jay

wgarider
July 4th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Happy 4th July to you all from a Brit.

How big a thing is 4th July? How does it compare to Xmas or Thanksgiving? (or anything else you guys have that we don't)

Jay

I live near Atlanta - there's some businesses closed but for the most part everything is open and it's business as usual. Many people are off from work and have gone away for the weekend, are hanging out with their families and there are lots of picnics and such. IMHO, it's as popular as Thanksgiving.......

Superkoop
July 4th, 2009, 02:51 PM
My town has such a nice fireworks display, how the last couple years they've decided to have it the weekend before the 4th... so I haven't been able to see a fireworks show on the 4th in a long while... Oh well, I have more fun setting off fireworks myself. :D

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I'm from Tennessee, and it is pretty big down here at least.

It is weird, though... it is a national holiday of celebration.. but in many areas, fireworks are actually illegal lol (Though the laws are not enforced).

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Question...

for people outside the US, when you go to google, do you see the happy 4th of july logo?

http://www.google.com/logos/july4th09.gif

koenn
July 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM
google redirects to a localised site, eg http://www.google.be/
no 4th of july logo there.