PDA

View Full Version : Betanews.com Has issued a challenge it seems.

Wiebelhaus
July 4th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Source (http://www.betanews.com/article/Can-Linux-do-BitLocker-better-than-Windows-7/1246654941)

Should we man up? And respond in mass , I think so I've used Betanews for about 9 years , but the last year I've become very tiresome of the bias and one sidedness and my use has tapered off a considerable bit , but this may be changing or as usual betanews is just late to jump on the band wagon.

SunnyRabbiera
July 4th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I just laugh that we get something like bitlocker for free, haha $120 thats rich!

calrogman
July 4th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I just laugh that we get something like bitlocker for free, haha $120 thats rich!

I would feel sorry for the people who pay $120 for some AES encryption but then I remembered that thay payed $120 for some AES encryption.

I feel that this makes it perfectly reasonable to laugh.

MaxIBoy
July 4th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I had a truecrypt volume on my hard drive under Windows XP years before Vista and Bitlocker came out. Never used it for anything, it was kind of just a novelty to set it up.

But so far so good with the article series, eh?

monsterstack
July 4th, 2009, 04:15 AM
I would feel sorry for the people who pay $120 for some AES encryption but then I remembered that thay payed $120 for some AES encryption.

I feel that this makes it perfectly reasonable to laugh.

Upmodded for the lols.

Oh wait, this isn't reddit. Damn.

gnomeuser
July 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I don't get it.. user any recent Fedora release and the installer will offer a simple tick box to encrypt your system as part of the install. It's easy and it's secure.

Where is the challenge, we already do this and it is a simple one step operation.

Wiebelhaus
July 7th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I don't get it.. user any recent Fedora release and the installer will offer a simple tick box to encrypt your system as part of the install. It's easy and it's secure.

Where is the challenge, we already do this and it is a simple one step operation.

Betanews's challenge was to prove it's either already available or available and better.