PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] How do I install a gtk2+ engine?

Bramkaandorp
July 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
The question says it all.

I use Ubuntu 9.04, and I want to install the cheeselooks engine from Gnome-look.

How do I go about this, and is it in the same way as any other engine?

Thanks in advance,

Bram

yabbadabbadont
July 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
The author provided instructions on how to do this at gnome-look.org.

Bramkaandorp
July 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Could you guide me through the process, please? The most advanced coding I have ever done by hand was installing skype, since copy/paste was not an option in that case.

I really wish there would be a program which automatically installs a GNOME engine. And no, Art.GNOME doesn't do that with engines from other sites(argually not even from the Art.GNOME site itself).

Ra-Hoor-Khuit
July 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Edit: Nevermind, the provided instructions do not work.

Bramkaandorp
July 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
That's too bad.:(

Is there anyone with experience in installing engines who can explain to me how to install the engine as if I am on the computer for the first time, so to speak?

As low tech as possible, preferably with copy/paste code, and in the best case with some explanation of the code (just what's necessary)

yabbadabbadont
July 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Well, I was going to download the source and see what it takes to get it to build, but the author chose to host it on Mediafire... God only knows why when google code, sourceforge, and many others are setup just for this sort of thing... Anyway, besides the fact that I hate Mediafire, it puked with a javascript error when I tried to download the source. I would suggest that you leave a comment at gnome-look asking the author for help.