PDA

View Full Version : MS Vomit ad pulled off.

Arup
July 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/07/02/microsoft-pulls-sickening-internet-explorer-8-ads

When will they ever learn, even after the Seinfeld fiasco.:lolflag::lolflag:

FuturePilot
July 3rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
uhhhh

:-&

Tibuda
July 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Why did I clicked that link? I won't be able to sleep...

dragos240
July 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Wow...... MS fails.

CharmyBee
July 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Like 'em or not, Microsoft ads do generate the publicity they want. They're geniuses.

gletob
July 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
"So you will never be suprised by hairy*************.com again"

Classic.

Sealbhach
July 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I saw it yesterday but didn't realise it was actually a real M$ ad. Shockingly bad.

mynameinc
July 3rd, 2009, 07:16 PM
WARNING: IF YOU DON'T GET THE JOKE, DON'T GOOGLE OR SEARCH IT.
<sBeep Beep> maybe? :P It's the only website I can think of that would induce vomiting that quickly.
WARNING: IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE JOKE, DON'T GOOGLE OR SEARCH IT.

K.Y.A
July 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
Funny, but now every time I think of Windows or Internet Explorer I want to vomit.

But I don't think the commercial changed that........

doas777
lol. "Dean Cain's The pukening"

this one is my fav:
http://www.adpunch.org/images/ms-office-student-teacher-edition-2003.jpg

HappyFeet
Whether or not it is MS sponsored or not is not the point. It is in bad taste.

doas777
July 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Whether or not it is MS sponsored or not is not the point. It is in bad taste.

true, but i think that was the point. many of the folks that would most like to use pr0n m0de, have demonstrated time and time again, that they have a propensity to be drawn to places of extremely poor taste. goatse and two-girls-one-cup are not famous for their artistic integrity.

either way, they have gotten some attention over it, and since they didn't "release" it, they are immune to any flak on it. it did it's job.

"You watched it! You cannot unwatch it!" --Futurama Anthology of Interest

cariboo
July 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
I have to agree, If Microsoft had paid to produce that ad, it never would have seen the light of day.

Jackelope
July 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'll have to add this commercial to my list of reasons to use Firefox.

CharmyBee
July 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
"So you will never be suprised by hairy*************.com again"

Classic.

I thought it was Harry, referring to some morbidly obscene Harry Potter fanfic site...

sdlynx
July 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
I thought it was Harry, referring to some morbidly obscene Harry Potter fanfic site...

haha I doubt it

heres another reason to use firefox...

K.Y.A
July 3rd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I couldn't quote the person that linked to this site, but I thought this was funny, it also scares me...

http://www.adpunch.org/images/1cn.jpg

koleoptero
July 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM

+1 :lolflag:

I couldn't quote the person that linked to this site, but I thought this was funny, it also scares me...

http://www.adpunch.org/images/1cn.jpg

All the ads that concern health are of a bad taste. The people involved think that the more they shock you, the more good they'll do probably. They should be executed.

K.Y.A
July 3rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
+1 :lolflag:

All the ads that concern health are of a bad taste. The people involved think that the more they shock you, the more good they'll do probably. They should be executed.

Ahh, finally the quote button works. Yes, I agree that it is wrong that they attempt to benefit from one's fear and concerns.

philcamlin
July 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
microsoft fail

Blacklightbulb
July 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Such a stupid idea. It isn't even appropriate to kids. More over that feature isn't unique in IE8. AND an AD that makes you puke because you witness a woman puke isn't in the least attractive.

Who the hell comes out with these stupid ideas.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I feel pity for them.

jbruced
July 3rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Funny, not from M$oft.

Reverse gag(no pun intended).

Some guy's joke on the internets, that's all.

koleoptero
July 3rd, 2009, 10:22 PM
Such a stupid idea. It isn't even appropriate to kids. More over that feature isn't unique in IE8. AND an AD that makes you puke because you witness a woman puke isn't in the least attractive.

Who the hell comes out with these stupid ideas. I feel pity for them.

Don't do that huge letter thing... please...

Blacklightbulb
July 3rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Kk

K.Y.A
July 3rd, 2009, 10:35 PM

HUGE LETTERS ARE AWESOME.:guitar:

Wiebelhaus
July 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
I liked it but I'm not easily shocked and appalled.

.Maleficus.
July 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
I liked it but I'm not easily shocked and appalled.
+1. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought it was funny.

Wiebelhaus
July 3rd, 2009, 11:15 PM

I agree that big text thing for no apparent reason sucks worse than that commercial.

calrogman
July 3rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
I like to think she threw up because he was using IE.

K.Y.A
July 4th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I like to think she threw up because he was using IE.

I was thinking the same thing. Moral:

Windows ruins relationships. :lolflag:

Toshibawarrior
July 4th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Ok, that's by far the stupidest, most disgusting ad I've ever seen. If I had been that girl I'd be puking for using IE8 and not for what was in the history...ugh!...

Why do they even bother with those idiotic ads/videos?...:mad:

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 12:57 AM
*cough* Faildows *cough*

steveneddy
July 4th, 2009, 02:11 AM
WARNING: IF YOU DON'T GET THE JOKE, DON'T GOOGLE OR SEARCH IT.
<snip> maybe? :P It's the only website I can think of that would induce vomiting that quickly.
WARNING: IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE JOKE, DON'T GOOGLE OR SEARCH IT.

I can think of one - <snip> - no way I'm linking to that

Giant Speck
July 4th, 2009, 02:31 AM
I liked it, but I would have rather not seen a woman actually puking. She could have at least run to a trash can or something. Damn.

snakeman21
July 4th, 2009, 04:54 AM
You know what pisses me off about this? Forgetting about the vomiting part, they're advertising private browsing as if it's a cool, new thing. Firefox has private browsing and has had it for some time now. Macintosh's Safari browser has had private browsing for years. That's what makes me want to puke, is that Microsoft ha the nerve to pretend like this is a cool new software idea that THEY thought of.

Gizenshya
July 4th, 2009, 05:06 AM
I can think of one - <snip> - no way I'm linking to that

meatspin?

but yeah, tons of shock sites out there.

Giant Speck
July 4th, 2009, 05:07 AM
You know what pisses me off about this? Forgetting about the vomiting part, they're advertising private browsing as if it's a cool, new thing. Firefox has private browsing and has had it for some time now. Macintosh's Safari browser has had private browsing for years. That's what makes me want to puke, is that Microsoft ha the nerve to pretend like this is a cool new software idea that THEY thought of.

Here are the statistics based on the release date of the browsers that support Private Browsing:

1. Safari 2.0, released on 29 April 2005.
2. Google Chrome 1.0, released on 11 December 2008.
3. Internet Explorer 8.0, released on 19 March 2009.
4. Firefox 3.5, released on 30 June 2009.

Firefox 3.5 may have had Private Browsing in one of its development stages before the release of Internet Explorer 8.0, but Internet Explorer 8.0 was nonetheless a fully-released browser before Firefox 3.5.

The advertisement doesn't claim that Internet Explorer 8.0 is the only browser that has a private browsing feature and it certainly doesn't claim to be the first. You have to think, though, that we are not part of Microsoft's intended target audience with these advertisements. It is those that are currently using Internet Explorer 7.0 who are being targeted by these ads.

MikeTheC
July 4th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Something -- let's call it a "little birdie" -- told me not to click on the OP's link. Clearly, being the smart, savvy and wise advice-heeding kind of guy I am, I have *not* clicked on that link.

That being said, I've thought Microsoft's ads were a joke anyhow. I can't imagine how any self-respecting ad agency can put out the garbage that Microsoft is infesting the airwaves with.

OTOH, I don't watch TV so "my" airwaves remain unaffected and unimpacted by any of Microsoft's various advertising assaults.

AICollector
July 4th, 2009, 07:25 AM
You know what's funny? I used to puke when I used IE before I even watched that advert...

ANYWAY.

Poor salesmanship, both the concept, and the scene...I'm getting rather fed up of these kind of adverts, they show up on local TV, all false smiles and all.

Thank the lord(s?) I can record Telly, just leave it for half an hour on delay and I can watch my programmes and skip the commericals.

swoll1980
July 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I thought it was a good commercial, very funny. If you watch Southpark, or Family Guy, your used to people getting puked on.

swoll1980
July 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM

No, the messed up part isn't that they're promoting a feature on their browser, but the fact that they try to make you think that "the browser your using" doesn't have the feature in it's latest version. Unless your using a less popular browser, you've probably already got the private browsing feature. Since firefox, and chrome don't advertise, most people won't know when new releases come out, unless they are tech heads.