PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Magicjack phone service

Lupgaru
July 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
Magicjack internet phone service not enabled in 9.04 in a Vista/Ubuntu dual boot. Anyone use Magicjack? Or know how to set it up in 9.04?
Thanks

raymondh
July 4th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Magicjack internet phone service not enabled in 9.04 in a Vista/Ubuntu dual boot. Anyone use Magicjack? Or know how to set it up in 9.04?
Thanks

You may try to look for UF member SWOL1980 or PM him. He uses magicjack. I use mine in windows still (even if virtualized windows).

Lupgaru
July 5th, 2009, 04:25 AM
You may try to look for UF member SWOL1980 or PM him. He uses magicjack. I use mine in windows still (even if virtualized windows).

I can't seem to find that member or send a PM. Any ideas.
Thank You Raymond.
Stephen Moss

wojox
July 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
They still haven't written a driver for linux.
The closest you'll come is running it on Windows XP virtual machine in VirtualBox.

philcamlin
July 5th, 2009, 04:57 AM
yeah i cant even find a driver for it.

looks like your outta luck :(

coskierken
July 13th, 2009, 04:37 AM
It works using Virtual Box, but not too well. The trick is to make sure Linux releases the device for XP to use. I have it working well with Virtual Workstation running xp 32 bit on a Linux 64bit 9.04. Works pretty good. So, at least when I was in Ubuntu, I could just start VM xp and have it run in the background. Or should I say worked. The firmware drive (the first one to load) crapped out. They won't send another due to the fact I don't have the orginal order number from many many months ago. I could use someone to send me those files!

Lupgaru
July 13th, 2009, 06:06 AM
It works using Virtual Box, but not too well. The trick is to make sure Linux releases the device for XP to use. I have it working well with Virtual Workstation running xp 32 bit on a Linux 64bit 9.04. Works pretty good. So, at least when I was in Ubuntu, I could just start VM xp and have it run in the background. Or should I say worked. The firmware drive (the first one to load) crapped out. They won't send another due to the fact I don't have the orginal order number from many many months ago. I could use someone to send me those files!

Thanks very much for the reply! I have been working on this for my Brother for some time. I will forward this info to him and also see if he can help with the original order for you and try to get them to you. Again, thanks for the help, I had almost given up.

HtmlGifted
August 12th, 2009, 08:42 PM
They still haven't written a driver for linux.
The closest you'll come is running it on Windows XP virtual machine in VirtualBox.

some one needs to make a driver and distribute it through the forums for testing. then after a successful connection send it to magic jack to distribute with there upgrades.

Lupgaru
August 13th, 2009, 05:06 AM
some one needs to make a driver and distribute it through the forums for testing. then after a successful connection send it to magic jack to distribute with there upgrades.

I don't know how to do that YET! Soon I hope. If someone else has the expertise I hope they see this and give it a try.