PDA

View Full Version : I've lost my mind.. any website ideas?

derekeverett
July 3rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
I think I have lost my mind! I bought a domain a couple days ago and now I'm not quite sure what to do with it lol. I'm trying to raise some capital for a small record company and somehow in my convoluted mind I figured this could help.

Anyway, I figured I would come here first and see if anybody had any ideas or anything to contribute. To see the site go to worldscoolestmf(dot)com
But substitute the "mf" for the actual term.

I figure there's a lot of cool people here so I'm hoping I get some good input. Also, I'm new too web site design etc. and I'm doing all my work with Ubuntu so I'm sure I'll be hitting these forums quite a bit in the near future!

Herman
July 3rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
I think you came to the right place if you're looking for ideas.

Why not pick an open source program that's not so well known and write a review or a how-to about it?
There are thousands of great programs available for Ubuntu that could use more documentation or even just a good review.

You can benefit the program's potential users, the program's developer, yourself and Ubuntu all at the same time. Everyone would be a winner! :)

Blacklightbulb
July 3rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Upload half your site with the most original and weird movies and ****. That's to get an audience. Note: it needs frequent (weekly) updates. Then add some extra features like forums, downloads and torrent links that are available only to registered users. Finally put a small fee for registration.

NOTE: Don't put the fee immediately. Let the site become popular and then add the fee.

You can also upload a video on Youtube to advertise the site.

I bet if you collect a collection of aimbots, patches and game hacks and how-to s, you make some good profit.

Then afterwards add GOOGLE ADSENSE

earthpigg
July 3rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
instead of an idea, i suggest an approach:

start a blog, with the intent that it will evolve into something else.

what will it evolve into? well, wherever your blog takes it.

blog about whatever is on your mind.

derekeverett
July 4th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks guys I am considering everything. I would like to have user submitted video ultimately I'm thinking I'm just not sure how to go about that. I'd also like to use .ogg format. I'm trying to make cortado work now.

juancarlospaco
July 4th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Make a OpenSource Facebook Clone
:)

derekeverett
July 4th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Make a OpenSource Facebook Clone
:)

Now that my friend is a hell of an idea!! lol

Way outta my league though as far as getting that started. Don't suppose your able/interested in helping?

juancarlospaco
July 4th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Sure its posible, look at Identi.Ca, one year, millions of users, and its OpenSource.