PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Strange issues with ntlmaps and ISA server

Paul@pai
July 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hey,

I have recently joined a new company who are hoiping to do some more Linux based development and so I thought an installation of Ubuntu 8.10 would be a nice start for the team. We are running an ISA 2000 serevr that seems to be causing me issues. I can setup the normal proxy that I would use in widnows and my internet works fine. However I cannot download any update packages (which is a hinderance). I read about NTLMAPS and thought it would solve all my worldly issues yet I cannot get it to work at all. It gets to the point where I have Firefox displaying blank webpages and update manager telling me it couldn't authenticate (407).

I have gone through about 5 different guides on howto setup the system and I am at my wits end. It would be great to have a way to use UBunutu fully and freely on the network. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Paul@pai
July 3rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Anyone at all??

dacow
July 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I'm guessing no one has updated or suggested any fixes?

To be honest I'm stuck at the same thing, I have configured NTLMAPS as per all the instructions on the internet but each time I try an apt-get or try browse through firefox using the proxy server of localhost:5865, I still get prompted for authentication.

It's as if it's not passing the credentials correctly to ISA server.