PDA

View Full Version : posting how-tos in the forum or wiki?

audax321
January 21st, 2006, 09:41 AM
I just posted a how-to to the forum about setting up a WebDAV server (so I could use it with Sunbird) about two to three days ago, but it still hasn't been approved by a moderator (it was pretty massive). Does that mean, there was something wrong with it or do they want all how-to docs posted to the wiki now??? I've been using the server myself for a few days now and it seem to be working out great... :confused:

tseliot
January 21st, 2006, 10:35 AM
You have to wait, maybe the moderators have a lot of work to do. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with your guide ;) .

asimon
January 21st, 2006, 01:14 PM
Of course it would be nice if you put it into the wiki too. :-)

audax321
January 21st, 2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, I will eventually, but I want to see what kind of problems people run into first and then post a more complete version to the wiki. :)

majikstreet
January 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM
I have a howto submitted that hasn't been approved or anything yet, and I have been told that the moderators haven't been looking at them as much because the verification thing is crippled, or was.... So, just wait..

audax321
January 28th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Nice, just noticed that my how-to is up. If anyone else is interested in setting up a remote calendar for Sunbird using WebDAV see here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=119228