PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I beg for help

jabramo
July 2nd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Hi so i accidentally erased my hdd and am trying to boot the 8.04 version of unetbootin on my usb. I did this before but now it wont let me. It goes to the start screen and put me in a countdown from 10 but the thing is once it goes to zero it resets to 10. I am panicing hard because my hdd is empty. I have no idea. Any any help would be greatly appreciated.

tvtech
July 2nd, 2009, 03:27 AM
How did you "accidentally" erase your hard drive.? Did you re-format it ? or did you just loose access to it? do you have a cd with any live distro handy? I'm assuming by enetbootin you mean unetbootin ? Less panic more clear concise English and an exact description of what you did will help us help you.

jabramo
July 2nd, 2009, 03:33 AM
k i accidentally earased and nothing worked so i formatted it to ntfs. Now i dont know what a live distro is but i do have an external dvd burner so i can get one i assume? Now at this point i would like to get unbuntu running on the laptop from a cd or usb it doesnt matter to me.

Nasilversurfer
July 2nd, 2009, 03:55 AM
Do you have an external Hard drive or internal - any ways a Live disto means live distribution like ubuntu red hat ect. u can boot the OS from a CD and you will want to go to the www.ubuntu.org (http://www.ubuntu.com/)home page and download the live cd from there

jabramo
July 2nd, 2009, 04:20 PM
alright ill download the unbuntu live cd. Now If it doesnt start that means there is a problem with the bios yes?

jabramo
July 2nd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all your help. The unbuntu live cd worked.