PDA

View Full Version : Do you use anykind of external cooling system for your laptop?

legolas_w
July 1st, 2009, 11:38 PM
Hi
I have a Lenovo T400 and sometimes it is getting warmer than enough. I was thinking that I should get one of these cooling systems and so far I was unable to decide what to go with.

So far I am looking at Gigabyte G-pad: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/NotebookCooling/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=2340

and Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad N100: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Notebook-Cooling-Pad-N100/dp/B001U3ZH7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246397118&sr=8-1

I am still far from making a decision and I am looking for any advice you guys may like to share.

Thanks

LookTJ
July 2nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
I used to, until my dog chewed up the cord. :lolflag:

cptrohn
July 2nd, 2009, 12:44 AM
I don't use a cooling system, I just try and make sure that it has good ventilation... I just got a wiremesh stand that elevates it so the fans are never blocked.

gn2
July 2nd, 2009, 01:50 AM
If I'm using mine on my lap it gets put on a hardback book so that the vents underneath don't get blocked.

racerraul
July 2nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I keep a can of compressed air handy and clear all the dust buildup in the fan cavities when I start noticing the temps go 10degs above normal.

mysteriousdarren
July 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
I use a Targus cooling pad bought from Walmart mind u that has been working for over a year now. It just needs to have some compressed air pushed into it for the dust. It was an excellent buy. Good Luck on the search.

geekygirl
July 2nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
I used to use a Zalman NC2000 with my Vostro 1310 (as it had the Nvidia 8400M that doesn't like too many heat fluctuations) and it kept temps about 10-20 degrees lower when gaming which was the main reason I bought it.

Otherwise now, with my Macbook Pro it just sits on my desk, although I am contemplating a Griffin Elevator, more so I can level the laptop screen with my external monitor (and the benefits of cooling due to being raised above the desk bla bla bla :p)

chucky chuckaluck
July 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
mine is resting on two paperback books.