PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reinstall Jaunty?

lazukars
July 1st, 2009, 02:17 PM
I have had serious issues with Jaunty ever since I downloaded it on my computer. What is the best way to reinstall Jaunty without losing already installed programs?

Thank You!
Ryan

colau
July 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
I have had serious issues with Jaunty ever since I downloaded it on my computer. What is the best way to reinstall Jaunty without losing already installed programs?

Thank You!
Ryan
What's the serious problem?
You have to back up first after a fresh installation.

lazukars
July 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Well to begin flash does not work--I have tried just about every solution suggested on the web with no avail. Also I can no longer download any programs-- these errors pops up:
Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
OR This:
dpkg: unable to read filedescriptor flags for <package status and progress file descriptor> bad file descriptor.

Those are just some of the errors. I also tried to upgrade to Karmic Koala Alpha and errors occured when doing that. The Karmic Koala upgrade was unsuccessful.

So, I just decided to try a reinstall instead. Can you point me in the right direction in order to back-up my system.

Thank You!

colau
July 1st, 2009, 03:22 PM
Well to begin flash does not work--I have tried just about every solution suggested on the web with no avail. Also I can no longer download any programs-- these errors pops up:
Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
OR This:
dpkg: unable to read filedescriptor flags for <package status and progress file descriptor> bad file descriptor.

Those are just some of the errors. I also tried to upgrade to Karmic Koala Alpha and errors occured when doing that. The Karmic Koala upgrade was unsuccessful.

So, I just decided to try a reinstall instead. Can you point me in the right direction in order to back-up my system.

Thank You!t
You can use this (http://www.sysresccd.org/Download) to backup your system.
Have a fresh reinstallation than back it up.

colau
July 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Can you point me in the right direction in order to back-up my system.

Thank You!
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35087&highlight=backup+system