PDA

View Full Version : An anti-windows virus... made by a windows user.

mr.propre
July 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM
Nice to know that there are script kiddies who find it fun to make ransomware with the advice to use Linux.

http://blog.trendmicro.com/files-for-ransom…-or-not/

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/images/blog/1_ransomnote.jpg

ivanvajar
July 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Lame...

Yownanymous
July 1st, 2009, 02:28 PM
I rarely use this word, but what a... Slow person. No, I'm not going to use that word as it's offensive.

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
I rarely use this word, but what a... Slow person. No, I'm not going to use that word as it's offensive.

They spelled through wrong. :mad:

steveneddy
July 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM

Hey - you're really on top of it today.

Go put your helmet back on and finish your apple sauce.

Pogeymanz
July 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Wow... That's pretty funny.

MellonCollie
July 2nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't think a person who's been infected with that worm is going to take advice on operating systems from the ****** who made it. If anything, 'Linux' is being associated with a bad experience.

credobyte
July 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
That's the same as if you would get some pretty heavy trojan-girl saying "Click Me" - would you click it ? ;)

Blacklightbulb
July 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
You know what would increase Linux users. A website that detects you system and then a virtual girl pops out and suggests the user to switch to Linux to be eligible to see some of her skin :P

I know it lame :|

earthpigg
July 2nd, 2009, 08:41 PM
that reeks of false-flag.

ie: someone that dislikes linux attempting to discredit it.

nmccrina
July 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM

FWIW, they're probably from Romania or something. If I was writing a virus that output Romanian, it would not be anywhere near as correct ;) So I give them props.

koleoptero
July 2nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
FWIW, they're probably from Romania or something. If I was writing a virus that output Romanian, it would not be anywhere near as correct ;) So I give them props.

I'd give them google translate.

monsterstack
July 3rd, 2009, 04:10 AM
It isn't just the attackers who are doing this sort of thing. Reformed malware authors suggest using Linux as well. Like this guy (http://philosecurity.org/2009/01/12/interview-with-an-adware-author) [philosecurity.org], for instance:

Interview with Matt Knox:
S: In your professional opinion, how can people avoid adware?
M: Um, run UNIX.
S: [ laughs]
M: We did actually get the ad client working under Wine on Linux.
S: That seems like a bit of a stretch!
M: That was a pretty limited market, I’d say.

You have to admit, it is pretty good advice.

karellen
July 3rd, 2009, 06:11 AM

what makes you think they are from Romania?

lukjad
July 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
This is just pathetic.