PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Can I upgrade to ubuntu studio from an existing ubuntu 9.04 by ISO image file?

jewkr
July 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hi...
I have ubuntu studio 9.04 64bit iso image file.. and i already installed ubuntu 9.04 64bit..
Can I upgrade to ubuntu studio from an existing ubuntu 9.04 by the ISO image file?
and how to?
there are lots of upgrade guide from earlier version of ubuntu to ubuntu studio... but there is not upgrade guide from 9.04 to studio...
thank u...

overdrank
July 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
Hi and welcome, you can add the studio apps through synaptic manager or you may use the cd you have. When you add the cd to your source list under system, administration, software sources.

Hilko
July 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Hi...
I have ubuntu studio 9.04 64bit iso image file.. and i already installed ubuntu 9.04 64bit..
Can I upgrade to ubuntu studio from an existing ubuntu 9.04 by the ISO image file?
and how to?
there are lots of upgrade guide from earlier version of ubuntu to ubuntu studio... but there is not upgrade guide from 9.04 to studio...
thank u...

I did it like this. After a fresh install of ubuntu 9.04 64bit open synaptic packagemanager and type "studio".
Then install

ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video

(I skipped the ubuntustudio-graphics)