PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy bus driver?

echo314
July 1st, 2009, 05:35 AM
So earlier today I'm making my way home from school. Waiting at a bus stop (right after an intersection) a bus pulls up, (not one I want) and it takes a while because this lady could not figure out how to fold the stroller properly.

In the meantime, the bus I do want pulls up right behind the other bus, effectively blocking the both lanes of the intersection perpendicular to it. It took about 40seconds for the first bus to pull out. My bus pulled up, and the lady remarked I could have walked out onto the street and got on in the intersection. I said "I'm not boarding in the middle of an intersection, you're crazy for stopping there and blocking the lanes." My tone was pretty up beat, I wasn't angry or anything, rather amused.

Granted, it was around 8, and there were not many cars on the road (none ended up waiting because of the bus) but its not like that driver could have predicted when cars were coming around the corner, and since any bus could take extra time to unload a wheelchair or something they should wait before the intersection, yes?

I ask because right before I got off, the driver said "You know, in the 19 years of driving no one has ever called me crazy..." I could not tell for sure, but by her tone I don't think she meant that in a good way. She certainly had no smile. So, I'm not asking for much, just your opinions. Was I out of line in my comment? I certainly don't want to be outright rude....Or do you think this particular driver was just tired (being so late), or grumpy?

Flying caveman
July 1st, 2009, 06:28 AM
Well, you or I would've gotten a ticket for blocking the intersection. A professional driver should know better.

Tipped OuT
July 1st, 2009, 06:37 AM
She was just telling you to hurry up and get in. I don't know why you had to make a deal out of it. I mean really, there were no cars, and it was at 8 in morning (correct)?

I could understand if there was traffic and stuff, but come on. Agh *headache* ](*,)

chadwick359
July 1st, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'm not a bus driver, but I do drive professionally, as a courier (because I can't get an IT job to save my skin right now,) and I'd like to both apologize and maybe explain. Career drivers are usually pretty decent drivers, but, they also have to be on the road for 8-12 hours with all the other drivers out there, and frankly a lot of them ARE crazy, some drivers handle it better than others, and at the end of a long day, I know people who would pull the exact kind of stunt. That being said, it was also a pretty stupid thing to do on her part, and really, just kind of a bitch response to you.