PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Amarok global hotkeys won't bind properly to numpad?

fatherted
July 1st, 2009, 05:33 AM
Looking for some suggestions as to how to get global hotkeys working properly under Ubuntu 9.04.

I've ensured that USA is selected as the default keyboard layout, I've cleared the global hotkey settings in the system control panel, and then cleared and re-set the hotkeys in Amarok itself.

The problem seems to be that the system isn't properly recognizing that I'm using the NUMPAD numbers (with CTRL) rather than the normal numbers along the top of the keyboard.

I've set CTRL + 1 as play/pause, CTRL + 2 as previous track, CTRL + 3 as next track, and CTRL +/- as volume up/down, all using the keys on the numpad (with numlock on of course).

When I try to use these hotkeys they don't work whatsoever. However, if I use the regular number keys along the top of the keyboard, THOSE work, despite not being the keys I've bound.

Any suggestions?

fatherted
July 3rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Bump?

Alternatively, someone could just suggest a halfway decent media player that has functioning global hotkeys. I'm not wedded to Amarok, I just want something that plays well, has a reasonable featureset, and that I don't have to tab back and forth to to change songs.

I tried Jajuk but it doesn't actually have *any* linux hotkey support whatsoever... /sigh

fatherted
July 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Bump...

Anyone?

fatherted
July 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Nobody else uses global hotkeys?