PDA

View Full Version : My Linux Tattoo

HappyFeet
July 1st, 2009, 03:22 AM
Just got it done today. I have always wanted to get one, but never could get up the nerve. But I said to myself today is the day. Anyone else have a linux tattoo? Btw, that my forearm in the pic.

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 03:24 AM
No way! Another Linux tatt. I would be scared. I regret the 2 tatts I have.(they're not Linux tatts)

HappyFeet
July 1st, 2009, 04:07 AM
I would be scared.

Why?

izizzle
July 1st, 2009, 04:08 AM
Wow you're really...die hard...

blazingbazoooka
July 1st, 2009, 04:41 AM
haha thats awesome :D

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 04:45 AM
Why?

Because once you get it, there's no going back.

Yamamaro
July 1st, 2009, 04:45 AM
No way! Another Linux tatt. I would be scared. I regret the 2 tatts I have.(they're not Linux tatts)
What are the two tattoos you have right now?

Wiebelhaus
July 1st, 2009, 04:47 AM
I'm covered without regrets and I think this tattoo on the OP is awesome!

:guitar:

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 04:49 AM
What are the two tattoos you have right now?

A pentagram, with a banner on top, and bottom, that reads Demonic Rage, on my left forearm. I also have a panther on my left bicep, that's sinking his claws into my arm, and using it to pull himself out of the flames.

Grant A.
July 1st, 2009, 04:50 AM
Just got it done today. I have always wanted to get one, but never could get up the nerve. But I said to myself today is the day. Anyone else have a linux tattoo? Btw, that my forearm in the pic.

Let's hope your next job isn't at Microsoft or the SCO group. :lol:

Tipped OuT
July 1st, 2009, 04:54 AM
Should of got the other type of Tux tattooed (like the one from my avatar), but pretty cool over all. I wouldn't get any thing related to an operating system tattooed on my body, kind of childish IMO. :p

Yamamaro
July 1st, 2009, 04:56 AM
A pentagram, with a banner on top, and bottom, that reads Demonic Rage, on my left forearm. I also have a panther on my left bicep, that's sinking his claws into my arm, and using it to pull himself out of the flames.
I would regret getting that one. The panther one sounds nice, though.

Giant Speck
July 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Ewwwww....

PurposeOfReason
July 1st, 2009, 07:55 AM
Because once you get it, there's no going back.
It's quite possible to go back these days. Whether it's worth it to you dollar wise is another thing.

OP: Not something I would get, but the artist did do a good job. Too bad the white will go yellowish.

Grant A.
July 1st, 2009, 08:16 AM
It's quite possible to go back these days. Whether it's worth it to you dollar wise is another thing.

Actually, white, the color that makes up a lot of Tux, can't be removed using laser surgery.

PrimoTurbo
July 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM
The quality of the tattoo is really good, but personally I'm against tattooing any logos. I would rather get something more personal and less generic.

credobyte
July 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Obsession [-(

Tristam Green
July 1st, 2009, 07:58 PM
If it makes you happy, so be it, and more's the power to you. I'd personally never get a logo tattooed to myself; I'm suddenly reminded of William H. Macy's character in the film "Wild Hogs" after he got the 1980s Apple "Rainbow" logo tattooed on his arm.

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM

OP: Not something I would get, but the artist did do a good job. Too bad the white will go yellowish.

Have you seen a tatt removal? They bust the ink up yeah, but you have a big discolored blob there for the rest of your life.

PurposeOfReason
July 1st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Have you seen a tatt removal? They bust the ink up yeah, but you have a big discolored blob there for the rest of your life.
Seen it? I had it done and there isn't anything left of it. No mark, nothing. It just hurts like nothing you can imagine.

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM
Seen it? I had it done and there isn't anything left of it. No mark, nothing. It just hurts like nothing you can imagine.

They might be better at it now than they used to be. My father had one removed like 20 years ago, and where the tatt was looked like an albino

PurposeOfReason
July 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
They might be better at it now than they used to be. My father had one removed like 20 years ago, and where the tatt was looked like an albino
From what the guy said, it's a lot better. Before it took a long time per session, could only do black, and left the shape of the tattoo in white. Now they can do the size of an adult male back in two minutes per session, five sessions, and you're done (assuming a black tattoo and healthy person).

zoomy942
July 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
love it. here is mine ;)

Eisenwinter
July 1st, 2009, 08:53 PM
There are two images of anime girls I want to have as tattoos.

koleoptero
July 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM

:o I'd love to see pictures of your tattoos. They sound good.

swoll1980
July 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM
:o I'd love to see pictures of your tattoos. They sound good.

They aren't. For one they have no color. They are just outlines, done jail house style.

Simian Man
July 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Wow that is truly awful. I hope you have no regrets though :).

koleoptero
July 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
They aren't. For one they have no color. They are just outlines, done jail house style.

I don't like colour tattoos. They're too... flashy?... something like that.

ELD
July 1st, 2009, 09:35 PM
Now that is dedication!

BjBlaster
December 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I agree! Bring it on. I'm getting one now :) The Tux really does icon the open source way. Well done.