PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] cairo-dock killing compiz?

Zom-b
July 1st, 2009, 01:31 AM
I have been having this problem on my fiance's computer for sometime now that when it started up that the title bars were gone, and I have been able to start them back up but it's been causing all sorts of headache for her having me messing with her computer all the time to get it just to work enough to use on a daily basis, so I have come to a conclusion that if I dont' have cairo-dock start up, that compiz keeps running when she logs in, but when cairo-dock starts up it kills compiz, does anyone have any idea about what is causing this?

andrea000
July 1st, 2009, 04:12 AM
I run Cairo dock and compiz and i have had nothing like
that happen on mine.Are you using Cairo dock 2 it can
use compiz and open gl?

~sHyLoCk~
July 1st, 2009, 04:36 AM
I have been having this problem on my fiance's computer for sometime now that when it started up that the title bars were gone, and I have been able to start them back up but it's been causing all sorts of headache for her having me messing with her computer all the time to get it just to work enough to use on a daily basis, so I have come to a conclusion that if I dont' have cairo-dock start up, that compiz keeps running when she logs in, but when cairo-dock starts up it kills compiz, does anyone have any idea about what is causing this?

Why will cairo-dock "kill" compiz? What is exactly happening? I use compiz+emerald+cairo-dock+awn :D No issues!

fabounet
July 1st, 2009, 02:33 PM
do you have the "compiz icon" applet activated in your dock ?
If so, try to configure it properly, or deactivate it.

Zom-b
July 1st, 2009, 07:50 PM
I run Cairo dock and compiz and i have had nothing like
that happen on mine.Are you using Cairo dock 2 it can
use compiz and open gl?

yeha I think that's what I am using, it has cairo-dock then cairo-dock with openGL, and one of them has a giant black square behind it and the other one looks fine, but whenever I open either one, all the window effects dissapear, so I lose title bars, and all the windows start up in the corner and can't be moved, alt-tab and other window switching doesn't work