PDA

View Full Version : Audio Player

hybie
June 30th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Until now I have just used foobar2000 under WINE, But I'm trying to totally disconnect myself from the Windows world. I've played around with a small amount of audio players listed under Synaptics and they have all had the same lack of features I desire so much. That being .cue file support and the ability to display music with a custom order option, i.e %artist% - [%album%] %songtitle% whilst still resembling foobar2000's minimalistic layout.

The audio players I have used so far are; Amarok, Audacious, Mesk, RhythmBox and XMMS.

Can anybody kindly suggest a nice clean-looking audio player with these features?

monsterstack
June 30th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Until now I have just used foobar2000 under WINE, But I'm trying to totally disconnect myself from the Windows world. I've played around with a small amount of audio players listed under Synaptics and they have all had the same lack of features I desire so much. That being .cue file support and the ability to display music with a custom order option, i.e %artist% - [%album%] %songtitle% whilst still resembling foobar2000's minimalistic layout.

The audio players I have used so far are; Amarok, Audacious, Mesk, RhythmBox and XMMS.

Can anybody kindly suggest a nice clean-looking audio player with these features?

I know Amarok 1.4 has native cuesheet support but I don't know about any of those other players or indeed Amarok 2.x. MPD has cue support but you have to compile that yourself (google mpd-cue), which can be a bit of a pain.