PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3 ALT+TAB Problem!

keylog
June 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hi, everyone;

i'm trying to play DoTA ubuntu 9.04 with wine 1.1.24.
It's working without a problem. But i want to connect to battle.net. I can connect battle.net but there is problem about ping and/or delay. So i wan't to use delay reducer. But when i use alt+tab to switch delay reducer, it's graphics'll be crashed. (when i came back). compiz is already closed.

sorry for my pretty good english =)

beastrace91
July 2nd, 2009, 02:03 PM
You could try one of a couple things. First you could try toggling off compiz while running your game (the application fusion-icon from the repositories is good for this).Another option is running WC3 in a virtual desktop so that what it is if effect a Windowed application and it does not have to fully alt-tab. And third idea (and I use this for my full screen games) is to run it on a separate X server so you can change between Xes by using ctrl+alt+f7-9. Information on setting up the extra X server can be found in full circle #25 - http://fullcirclemagazine.org/2009/05/29/fcm-issue-25-coming-your-way/

Hopes this helps some,
~Jeff

keylog
July 2nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
thx for your help i guess your third suggestion will help me..

keylog
July 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
i tried it but nothing happens on anyother x :S
that is my bash file

#!/bin/bash
X :4 -ac -terminate -config only_one_monitor.conf & sleep 2
DISPLAY=:4 nice -20 env
WINEPREFIX="/home/keylog/.wine"
wine "/media/DATA/Oyunlar/WarcraftIII/w3l.exe"

beastrace91
July 2nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Your last three lines should all be one, like the following:
#!/bin/bash
X :4 -ac -terminate -config only_one_monitor.conf & sleep 2
DISPLAY=:4 nice -20 env WINEPREFIX="/home/keylog/.wine" wine "/media/DATA/Oyunlar/WarcraftIII/w3l.exe"

Also be sure you edited the proper file so anyone can create X servers (not just console)

~Jeff

keylog
July 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
i change it and checked ctrl+alt+f7-11 but all of the Xes are black screen but some of them has a _(blinking) but some of only black screen...

keylog
July 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
is there anyone knows anything about it?

beastrace91
July 3rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Also be sure you edited the proper file so anyone can create X servers (not just console)

Did you do this? If not it will prevent it from working.

~Jeff

keylog
July 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Did you do this? If not it will prevent it from working.

~Jeff

i did this at first...

elitenoobboy
July 7th, 2009, 01:56 AM
For me, it was easier to just keep war3 confined to a virtual desktop, as another desktop session can be cumbersome.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=906957
Works just as well as the normal fullscreen configuration, plus you can multitask with multiple desktops.