PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Wireless

Dr Small
June 30th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Some of you may know that I currently have satellite internet that has a download cap of 17GBs m/o that is rollover style (sorry, difficult to explain, but if you know what I mean, you should understand).

Currently, we're paying 80$ m/o for less than 1.5MBps, and the satellite isn't exactly correct, because our connectivity drops when we have bad weather and storms.

So, we were thinking about getting Verizon wireless (of which, I know nothing of, except by reading a bit), which has 1.5MBps download and 500KB-800KB uplink (according to their website).

Verizon has a cap too. It says 5GBs per month. Can anyone tell me if this is rollover style (I use 2GBs one month, and it gets carried over to the next month), or do I get 5GBs every month (clean slate at the end of the month)?

Thanks,
Dr Small

Firestem4
June 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
There is no rollover with Verizon Wireless internet. That is my biggest gripe with Verizon. I would suggest, if its available to you to get a service from AT&T or T-Mobile. Their internet plans have unlimited monthly bandwidth, (And is cheaper monthly than Verizon), with quality speeds (depends on your area though.)

sports fan Matt
June 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I had at&t internet and it was slower then a turtle..just my 02.

ftabor
June 30th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Just FYI, Starband has a 2gb/7 day rolling quota.