PDA

View Full Version : Adding weather to the panel

cdysthe
June 30th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Hi,

I have netbook remix running fine, but I can't find out how to add applets like weather to the top panel. I'm probably missing something obvious. I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

AoSteve
June 30th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that you need to download an applet for it. You can most likely find one in Synaptics for it. :)

I don't use the netbook remix, but I found one (can't remember what it was) in synaptics that was really nice for the Gnome Panels. :) It's called Weather Report. I can't remember if it was pre-installed or I downloaded it come to think about it. :)

And to add you need to right click the panel at the spot you want and click "Add to Panel"

Hope this helps!

Arup
June 30th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Right click on panel and add to panel.

cdysthe
June 30th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Right click on panel and add to panel.

Thanks.That is what I have done on standard Ubuntu, but when i right click on the panel in netbook remix i can not see an "add to panel" option. I have also tried to click in several different areas of the panel, but no "add to panel" option appears.

Update: I had to move another applet to expose an area of the bar where I could right click and get the "add to panel" option. Problem solved.

AoSteve
June 30th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Good to know bud! It's always a good thing to report your findings and if you solved the problem. You can mark your post as SOLVED and the next person who may have the same issue could find your "SOLVED" post and have the problem solved without having to add thier own thread that would be a simple repeat of this one.

Happy Ubuntuing!!! :)

One question though, how do you like the netbook remix? And how are those little netbooks? Pretty cool or what?

cdysthe
June 30th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Good to know bud! It's always a good thing to report your findings and if you solved the problem. You can mark your post as SOLVED and the next person who may have the same issue could find your "SOLVED" post and have the problem solved without having to add thier own thread that would be a simple repeat of this one.

Happy Ubuntuing!!! :)

One question though, how do you like the netbook remix? And how are those little netbooks? Pretty cool or what?

My new system76 Starling netbook is great! It's the perfect form factor for me. I throw it my backpack and it's always ready. And the $340 price is just amazing! The only two problems I've had is learning the smaller keyboard and the lesser range of wireless access. I can not go as far away from the access point as I could with my old laptop.

Ubuntu Netbook Remix works fantastic also. It took a little getting used to the window handeling and desktop menus, but it all feels like home now! :).

AoSteve
June 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Sweet! From what I have seen, it'd be hard to manage windows in those things! Those screens are SO small! LoL I have trouble on my 15.4" laptop LOL I couldn't imagine trying to manage 5 windows on a netbook without something like AWN or a dedicated panel for window management!

I might have to grab one up soon! :)