PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ? before uninstall/reinstall

Homer_H
June 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I have a triple boot system on a laptop with xp,vista and ubuntu. I already had 3 partitions before installing ubuntu. Either I screwed up on the install or ubuntu put itself on 3 gb partition. I can't download updates because there is not enough room. i can't enlarge the partition using disk manager in vista or ubuntu because you can only change the first three partitions. i like ubuntu and want to uninstall then reinstall without messing up xp and vista. i currently boot with grub to ubuntu first with the other operating system option to get to xp and vista. When i unstall does grub go away too? Will this cause boot problems to other systems? Are there instructions for this somewhere? Suggestions anyone?

dtoronto
June 30th, 2009, 03:55 AM
gpart is probably what you're looking for

$sudo apt-get gpart

from this you can use the GUI to repartition and adjust your hard drive.

philcamlin
June 30th, 2009, 04:00 AM
gpart is probably what you're looking for

$sudo apt-get gpartfrom this you can use the GUI to repartition and adjust your hard drive.

thats what you want :)

Homer_H
July 3rd, 2009, 02:10 AM
sorry, i just said i used partition manager in vista and ubuntu instead of saying gparted.
info in gparted: installed as a subfolder? under /dev/sda4 extended partition: - as /dev/sda6 - (dark blue square) file system: - ext3, mount point: / - size: 2.81 gb unused: 208 mb. when i highlight this and go to partition everything is greyed out except unmount and that does nothing either. that is why i was asking about uninstalling and starting over. thanks