PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] iTunes

shizumasa14
June 29th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Okay, so I bought an iPod touch 3 days ago. I need to download iTunes 8.2 for it to work. I've heard people say that you can get it working in WINE, but I haven't got it to work yet. Can someone guide me on how to get iTunes 8.2 to work on ubuntu using WINE? Thanks.

synapsys
June 29th, 2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.linuxinet.com/free-linux-software/itunes-8-2-0-23-linux-online-service-downloading-songs-itunes-music-store.html

shizumasa14
June 30th, 2009, 12:52 AM
thanks, but how do I install it? I click on the icon from my desktop and it gives me a message saying "This type of file is unknown"

ChrisDennis
June 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I think somebody is messing about. That link is to a .dmg file, which is a Mac thing. As far as I know, there is no Linux version of iTunes.

Getting the Windows version to run under Wine is another issue, and I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

xavierp94
June 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I think somebody is messing about. That link is to a .dmg file, which is a Mac thing. As far as I know, there is no Linux version of iTunes.

Getting the Windows version to run under Wine is another issue, and I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

Runnng Wine in Ubuntu is to buggy and not really worth it. The best solution would be dual booting.

3rdalbum
June 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Isn't there native Linux support for even the latest iPods?

shizumasa14
June 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
yes, there is. However none of the programs have any sort of iTunes store support or the app store for my iPod. Also, I have tried GTKpod and Amorak on separate nanos to test it out, and both my nanos got screwed up. There's no way I'm plugging my touch in.