PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] looking for a good planner app

rockerphil
June 29th, 2009, 10:03 PM
ok, the title says it pretty well, but here's a quick run down. i'm looking for an app (preferably available in the repos) that will allow me to do some basic day/week/monthly planning, it doesn't have to be anything super fancy, i'd actually prefer that it be a bit more lightweight, but there is one thing that i'd like it to do. i'd like to be able to set a reminder for the entries (either audio or visual is fine) any suggestions guys? much thanks in advance,

Phil

starcraft.man
June 29th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Applications > Internet > evolution mail.

Includes the ability to schedule/calendar events and set reminders if I'm not mistaken. If your a big google user ya can also try google calendar, just sign in with your account.

I don't know many apps really that do this. Linuxappfinder (http://linuxappfinder.com/office/calendars) lists a lot of calendar apps you could try, at least some should be in the repos. Visit the dev sites and look at screens to see which suits you.

M4rotku
June 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Osmo is a good one that the latest release of Puppy included by default. I'm tempted to install it on my Ubuntu system, but I don't have any tasks that I need to schedule. It seems to be lightweight and focuses on only one area as opposed to Evolution also covering e-mail.

It's in the repository so:

sudo apt-get install osmo

sneeks
June 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM
they have said it all above,although osmo is user friendly..

dpolehn
June 29th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Offline google calender is a good solution.

ajgreeny
June 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I use thunderbird with the lightning extension, which makes the whole application much more usable as a planning aid. Perhaps not as light weight as osmo, which is certainly good, and available for ubuntu from the repos, but if you use thunderbird anyway, this extension is worth trying.