PDA

View Full Version : OneNote alternative

cdahmedeh
June 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a simple program that has similar functionality to OneNote. Basically that means :
-Organising with Tabs and lists
-Tablet Support for drawing
-Basic Image pasting support
-Freeform format (I can write text anywhere)

Also, it would be nice if it looked like other GTK applications. I don't like it when Qt3 or KDE applications run on my GNOME desktop, it looks really ugly and strange.

Thanks

Islington
June 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a simple program that has similar functionality to OneNote. Basically that means :

Also, it would be nice if it looked like other GTK applications. I don't like it when Qt3 or KDE applications run on my GNOME desktop, it looks really ugly and strange.

Thanks

basket 2.9, its a qt app, but should blend right in. tablet support can be done in jarnal.

arcdrag
June 29th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I use basket when I really don't want to reboot. However, there's really nothing that compares to Onenote that I've found. As is, one note is just about the only reason I have a Windows partition.

wersdaluv
June 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
On Ubuntu, I use Evernote on Web and on Windows running on Virtualbox.

Islington
June 30th, 2009, 01:03 AM
On Ubuntu, I use Evernote on Web and on Windows running on Virtualbox.

runs pretty perfectly on wine as well

wersdaluv
June 30th, 2009, 01:20 AM
runs pretty perfectly on wine as well
It does? Isn't the GUI messed up and doesn't it run slow? It was like that the last time I tried it.

Snoober
July 14th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evernote works *OK* for me in Wine. The buttons are black boxes though unless I mouse over them.

Viva
July 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Tomboy?

cdahmedeh
September 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Any other suggestions ?

Grifulkin
September 30th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Tomboy?

Yeah, what about tomboy?

-grubby
September 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Hello,

Thanks

Tomboy?

The OP clearly states features Tomboy does not have.

NormanFLinux
September 30th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Open Office will soon offer its own version of OneNote - but its slated to appear in 2010.

LowSky
September 30th, 2009, 07:20 PM
might be helpful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_notetaking_software

NormanFLinux
September 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evernote runs under WINE.

cdahmedeh
September 30th, 2009, 09:01 PM
One more thing, it needs to run natively in Linux. I don't like using Wine.

dragos240
September 30th, 2009, 09:03 PM
One more thing, it needs to run natively in Linux. I don't like using Wine.

Plus one.

koleoptero
September 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Open Office will soon offer its own version of OneNote - but its slated to appear in 2010.

That gives me something to look forward to.

NormanFLinux
September 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
It integrates well into Linux and you can't tell its a Windows application. The reality is some Windows programs will never make it into Linux. That's why WINE exists for them.

coldReactive
September 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM
It integrates well into Linux and you can't tell its a Windows application. The reality is some Windows programs will never make it into Linux. That's why WINE exists for them.

Nor will a lot of Windows drivers, which is why ReactOS Exists (as WINE doesn't handle Windows Drivers, and is not their goal.)

wildman4god
October 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM

Where did you here this, link please.

detrate
October 1st, 2009, 05:06 AM
Supporting basket here. It's not One Note but it's very helpful and stable. I use gnome, so I didn't have the dialog for selection of KDE's default application handlers. So for links, I had to set my default browser by doing the following:

edit ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

Add 'BrowserApplication[$e]=!firefox-3.5' under [General], creating [General] if it doesn't exist and replacing firefox-3.5 with your browser of choice.