PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] DVD upggrade hardy to jaunty

stanley82
June 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I got the dvd with the Ubuntu user magazine from my local book store.
First try at upgraded from hardy 64 to jaunty 64 failed as a couple of files (out of 400 Meg download) failed checksum. Next try I got all these errors that I copied and pasted into gedit for you. The first three look really bad. (U sure this is not an alpha dvd?) The last one looks like I'll be dead once I reboot. Gosh what a mess may become!!!! I've tried making a bug report but since it's not in an app it's not accepted. I even made a bug report using the terminal command "ubuntu-bug -p ubiquity" but once in the firefox window it did not understand ubipuity. Right now I'm in a partial mess. System is there but system/exit is not. Also the screen is 3cm to the left.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
cat: /var/log/installer/syslog: Permission denied

Problem 1
Could not install '/media/cdrom0//pool/main/x/x11-utils/x11-utils_7.4+1build1_amd64.deb'

The upgrade will continue but the '/media/cdrom0//pool/main/x/x11-utils/x11-utils_7.4+1build1_amd64.deb' package
may be in a not working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

short read in buffer_copy (backend dpkg-deb during `./usr/share/man/man1/xmessage.1.gz')

Problem 2
Could not install '/media/cdrom0//pool/main/z/zenity/zenity_2.26.0-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb'

The upgrade will continue but the '/media/cdrom0//pool/main/z/zenity/zenity_2.26.0-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb'
package may be in a not working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

subprocess dpkg-split returned error exit status 2

Problem 3
Could not install '/media/cdrom0//pool/main/x/xterm/xterm_241-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb'

The upgrade will continue but the '/media/cdrom0//pool/main/x/xterm/xterm_241-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb' package
may be in a not working state. Please consider submitting a bug report about it.

subprocess dpkg-split returned error exit status 2

Problem 4
Could not install 'xterm'

The upgrade will continue but the 'xterm' package may be in a not working state. Please consider
submitting a bug report about it.

package xterm is already installed and configured

Problem 5
Could not install 'zenity'

The upgrade will continue but the 'zenity' package may be in a not working state. Please consider

package zenity is already installed and configured

Problem 6
Could not install 'x11-utils'

The upgrade will continue but the 'x11-utils' package may be in a not working state. Please consider

package x11-utils is already installed and configured

Problem 7
Sorry, the program "package_hook" closed unexpectedly. (this was after
xterm failed to install and auto generated bug report). So So so I'm going to
ignore future crashes of theis program version.

Problem 8
An error occurred while loading or saving configuration info for web browser.
some of your config settings may not work right.