PDA

View Full Version : Firefox should ask for Master Password only once...

toejamfootball
June 29th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Instead of asking everytime you go to a website without a cookie to automatically log in, Firefox should just ask for the Master Password once when first launched.

It only happens on a small amount of sites for me, but it gets pretty frustrating.

Anyone else agree?

Michalxo
September 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Sure I agree! It's plain stupid to fill in 20 times password.. even copy/paste but once has to be enough!

firefox:
Installed: 3.5.4~hg20090921r26397+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1

Does it still persists on "stable" version?

HappinessNow
September 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Instead of asking everytime you go to a website without a cookie to automatically log in, Firefox should just ask for the Master Password once when first launched.

It only happens on a small amount of sites for me, but it gets pretty frustrating.

Anyone else agree?

Sure I agree! It's plain stupid to fill in 20 times password.. even copy/paste but once has to be enough!

firefox:
Installed: 3.5.4~hg20090921r26397+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1

Does it still persists on "stable" version?

Try Secure Login: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4429

gnomeuser
September 22nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
It's called the gnome-keyring or kwallet (which with the new dbus Secrets API interoperate so there is no excuse).

Firefox needs to grow up and integrate with the platform instead of defining it's own.

lakersforce
September 22nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Firefox needs to grow up and integrate with the platform instead of defining it's own.
Wouldn't that kinda go against it's cross-platform compability design philosophy?

ChrT
September 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Wouldn't that kinda go against it's cross-platform compability design philosophy?

It's an internet browser, not a password manager.

For that matter, it's an internet browser, not a bookmarks, certificates, cookies, history etc manager, but that's another topic.

Viva
September 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
It only asks once per session for me:confused: