PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome Art icons problems

KlytusLord
June 29th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Hello everyone,

I am using the Art Manager to download and install visual goodies for my Ubuntu install.

In the icons section, some of the icon packages install and work just fine, but others appear to install properly (they appear in the appearance options) but when I apply them, the icons that get used are the default Gnome icons (the grey, closed folder ones.)

I do not get any error messages or information about missing dependencies, so I am at a loss.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks much,

KL

KlytusLord
July 18th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Hi,

I am still trying to figure this out. here is some more information on the problem.

The icon sets that do not work properly DO apply file type icons, but the folder icons revert to the basic Gnome grey icon. Examples of icon themes not working for me are Iris, OldGnome, Still Life, and many others.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be the case?

Thanks.

~sHyLoCk~
July 18th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Did you extract them in /usr/share/icons

KlytusLord
July 19th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Hi,

No. I am using the built-in [Install] option. The install button has worked flawlessly with the border art and with SOME icon packages. The ones that do not work, are still properly listed in my display properties, and the previews are correct, but when I apply them, all the folder icons are the default Gnome ones.

Thanks for the reply!