PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Boot-up problem

burrhead1
June 29th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I am trying to install ubuntu desktop on a Windows Vista computer with an Intel core duo processor. I have installed Ubuntu on the D: drive which has 35gb freespace and no other apps installed on it. When I try to boot up Ubuntu the status bar beneath the Ubuntu icon/word starts working but after the boot-up staus line progresses about 3/4 of an inch or two or three spaces from the left side it will not move any further to the right. I using a Taiyo Uden DVD-R for the install as I only got coasters using sony CD-R's for the iso file burn. I don't think using a DVD in place of a CD should effect the install, but I may be wrong. I have tried to install both the 8.04 and 9.04 versions with the same results.

Can anyone advise me how to solve this problem?. Has any had a similar problem?

Saint_
June 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM
How long have you waited for it to boot? I'm thinking the splash screen might just be freezing and it's still loading, but if you've waited over like 2 minutes then that's probably not the issue. Have you been able to boot into Ubuntu using the live cd option?

burrhead1
June 29th, 2009, 08:19 AM
I installed ubuntu on the D: drive of another laptop running Vista and the install went flawlessly the first time. Apparently the first laptop I was trying the install on had a corrupted driver. Anyway, thanks for the response. burrhead1