PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Banshee vs Flash - The battle for sound.

TheNTW
June 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Hello folks.

Now I am not sure if I should report this as a bug, but I really this is a bug, which comes along with ubuntu for a loong time ( as far as I know from 8.04 ).

I had no sound in flash (in firefox) - I installed Opera, and the sound worked there perfectly. I could have open opera with youtube and banshee with my music at the same time.
I am a FireFox user, so I tried to get the sound for my FireFox - installed some flash lib, googled around for the most common solutions. Fixed the sound for FireFox.

Now the problem is:
If FireFox has sent me a sound signal via flash - The sound is binded to firefox until I close it. So I cant listen to 1 song in youtube, then browse youtube for a while, while listening to a song in Banshee, cause it just won't play.
And the other way around - I I listen to something in banshee and after that try to listen something in youtube - I still have to close both (FF and Banshee) and then re-open.

Is there a way to fix this ?

p.s. Ubuntu Jaunty, I have all the latest updates. x86_64

TheNTW
July 1st, 2009, 10:25 AM
bump

TheNTW
July 2nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
bum

TheNTW
July 4th, 2009, 01:09 PM
bumpity bump.

Is this that unsolvable ?

TheNTW
July 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM
i will bump this for a year if I have to. I need a solution.

PureLoneWolf
July 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I had the same issue, I ended up having to apt-get purge pulseaudio and set everything to use ALSA - Then it all fired into life

Hope that helps

TheNTW
July 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Thank god this worked.
Or maybe just thank you PureLoneWolf ;)

vilegfx
July 13th, 2009, 04:43 AM
worked for me! thanks! been trying to solve this on my own for a few weeks:guitar:):P

vilegfx
July 13th, 2009, 04:45 AM
well, im assuming it was something in the last couple of updates since your having this problem at the same time.... wooo:KS