PDA

View Full Version : is there still?

phantom232
June 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
is there still support out there for ubuntu 8.10(i believe its called idex)
because that's the one I want to download and use, but if it doesn't have support anymore...then there's no point.

cariboo
June 28th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Intrepid will be supported until April 2010. So you should be OK.

SunnyRabbiera
June 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Yeh ies still supported for a bit, its just not right on the front page anymore.

TheNosh
June 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM
it is still supported, but it's neither the newest nor the LTS release, i am curious as to why you would want it instead of 9.04 (newest) or 8.04 (LTS)

on a side note i'm also curious as to how it says you have zero posts though obviously you started this thread and thus have at least one:confused:

Elfy
June 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
on a side note i'm also curious as to how it says you have zero posts though obviously you started this thread and thus have at least oneposts don't count in non-support forums - like the cafe :)

BackwardsDown
June 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
on a side note i'm also curious as to how it says you have zero posts though obviously you started this thread and thus have at least one

Posts in the café do not count.

TheNosh
June 28th, 2009, 10:12 AM
posts don't count in non-support forums - like the cafe :)

oh, thanks. i hadn't noticed that. that would explain how a lot of the people i see in the cafe a lot have fewer posts than i would expect

3rdalbum
June 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
it is still supported, but it's neither the newest nor the LTS release, i am curious as to why you would want it instead of 9.04 (newest) or 8.04 (LTS)

Intrepid is a really good release. I use it on my home server and my netbook; I didn't have a 32-bit install disc for Jaunty, and the Intel graphics work better on Intrepid anyway. I must say, I don't miss Jaunty on the netbook.

I wouldn't use Hardy these days - the Network Manager is too old and doesn't support mobile broadband.

stwschool
June 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Hardy.. if you get the network manager from the PPA you can have the modern version. I've done it before and it works just fine.