sandman3838
June 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hello

Quick question:

I just need to remove Ms Office 2007.
I am planning on reinstalling it later.

But, to remove it I would just go through the Application Menu -
WINE- UNINSTALL WINE SOFTWARE

Correct? Or is there a better and cleaner way?

Thanks for your help.

philcamlin
June 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
yes you are correct :popcorn:

good luck :)

sandman3838
June 28th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Nope! Sorry but its still there?

Any other ideas?

howefield
June 28th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Does it still run after uninstalling ?

Could be that the menu entries are all that is left ?

philcamlin
June 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
hilight right click delete? :popcorn::popcorn:

sandman3838
June 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Hello
Hey thanks for the help guys!

Yes the one good entry for Office was removed.
But there what seems to be some bad entries? Take a look at the screen shot!

For now if you go to the desktop or on the menu for a Excel or Word either will start right up.

You know the only thing I have running through Wine is Ms Office. If it will clean it up I have no issues Removing Wine as well as Office and reinstalling them both. I just need to fine an up to date link for installing both programs.

Thanks again.

philcamlin
June 28th, 2009, 12:43 AM
delete all of them :) :popcorn:

sandman3838
June 28th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I have highlighted each and selected the Add/Remove!
And they remain!

Strange!

Lockheed
July 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
I click everythin on the list and try to Uninstall but nothing happens. Apps still run and the list doesn't change.
Help!

Lockheed
August 9th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Ubuntu is advertised as the distro with the best support forums there is but lately I seem to find less and less answers to my problems here.

Either:
a- the system problems are not solvable = not-so-good OS
or
b- those forums are half as good, as they are advertised

I find myself consider going back to Win7 or XP64 more often, recently, because regardless of all the fantasticity of Ubuntu, for an advanced computer user, it has some hardly bearable painful shortcomings.

Mark Phelps
August 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I can understand your frustrations, especially with Wine.

I tried Wine myself for several months and found it to be a complete disaster. Only half of the stuff would even install and the other half wouldn't run properly. I gave up.

I recently install the new Crossover trial -- which was heavily advertised as supporting IE 7. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of IE7 but I do need to use it on a daily basis. So, I installed the trial and, guess what, as with Wine, it didn't work!

I started an email exchange with the CrossOver support outfit only to learn that the "bugs" I found that rendered IE7 useless were well known. It would me MONTHS before CodeWeavers would have them fixed and have a new release -- long after my "trial" had expired.

So, I'm not a fan of Wine and get especially frustrated myself when I see Wine-fans going on about how it runs "everything that Windows has" -- or something equally misleading.

Also see lots of comments from folks trying to get Wubi to work in Windows 7. Once again, this is something not really central to Ubuntu, so when it doesn't work, there's not a lot that folks can do to fix it.

As to your other lack of support, can't comment on that as I don't know any specifics. But, I will say from my experience in this and other GNU/Linux-related forums, this forum is far and above the best for providing support.

phillw
August 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
WINE runs accross all flavours of linux

For direct support of WINE, you will be best helped by asking on the wine site ..

http://www.winehq.org/

People on Ubuntu, or any other of the linux forems may be able to help, but you will better served
if you have direct Q's about WINE to pop onto the dedicated site.

Hope that points you in the right direction. I don't run WINE as i use OpenOffice for all my docs, spreadsheets etc. and it is OfficeXP compatible & can also pull in most earlier formats.

Regards,

Phill.