PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Replace Firefox 3.0 with 3.5

ChrisBuchholz
June 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Hi,

I have now been running Firefox 3.5 via this ppa (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-daily/+archive/ppa), where I installed the package firefox-3.5, which gives a seperate firefox which is 3.5. Works fine, but that's not what I wont.

What I want, is to actually install a package that upgrades the build-in firefox 3.0 to 3.5(now release candidate, but when 3.5 final has been released, an update will upgrade firefox at that point also). I'm thinking something like the PPA's that exist to replace the OpenOffice bundled with Ubuntu 9.04, with the newest released versions of OpenOffice.

I have been googling a lot, but I can only find PPA's that installs a seperate version of firefox.

Have a nice day!

keithld
June 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
It looks like the "Official FF 3.5 Release" will be Tuesday or so... Why not wait and let the update manager notify you when it's ready and install it that way???...

ChrisBuchholz
June 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
It looks like the "Official FF 3.5 Release" will be Tuesday or so... Why not wait and let the update manager notify you when it's ready and install it that way???...

Is that possible? I thought it wouldn't upgrade, but keep firefox 3.0 until October when 9.10 is released.

philcamlin
June 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
id stay with the 3.0 till 9.10 because the it will be stable :popcorn:

aysiu
June 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Just remove the Firefox 3 package.