PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Creative Zen crashes when plugged in

paul_bottomley_42
June 27th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I have a Creative Zen MP3 player, as you may have cunningly guessed from the title. I understand that Jaunty needs you to unmount it before Gnomad2 can use it, but that's not my problem here. When I plug it in, it says its docked for all of about a second, then crashes such that I need to poke the reset button to recover it.

On the computer, it comes up with a message box saying

"Unable to mount Creative Technology, Ltd Creative ZEN
"Error initialising camera: -1: Unspecified error"

And it won't even mount (although it comes up in the computer view in Nautilus, right click gives me the option to mount, rather than unmount o_O ), Gnomad2 can't see it... In essence I can only charge my Zen at the moment.

It didn't used to be like this - I've used Gnomad2 to put a bunch of music on it, on Jaunty, and now it suddenly won't work. I've not changed anything to my knowledge except updates. Could any kind soul out there tell me what's going wrong, and, more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered :)

jermor
July 19th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Same problem.:confused:

andrea000
July 20th, 2009, 06:57 AM
are you using libnjb?I thank some of the zen uses this
but i have no idea why you could use it before and not
now unless you updated the zens firmware and they
blocked some stuff.

cpearless
July 23rd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Got the same problem over here, the only reason I still have windoze installed on my machine is so that I can sync my Zen, I want to move over properly.

Vunutus
July 24th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Same problem here. Can't even get it to mount if I switch it over to a XP virtual machine.

zerena
July 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I'm having the same problem... waiting for help...

Vunutus
September 5th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I just thought I'd add that I switched to amarok as my main media player and it works PERFECTLY with my Zen. No more crashing or anything, perfect interaction.

I'm sold on amarok :D

postscripted
October 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Same problem here. Can't even get it to mount if I switch it over to a XP virtual machine.
VM only helps if it's working in native mode.

I have a Zen and it's been working beautifully since I updated the firmware (via Windows, of course). From 1.21.01 (I think) to 1.21.03.

Hope this helps someone.