PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB port failure when I boot up with Ubuntu

Saxicide
June 27th, 2009, 06:44 AM
After using EasyPeasy Ubuntu on my netbook, and falling in love with it, I decided I wanted to try and dual boot my desktop with Ubuntu 9.04

Enter problems.

Eventually I was able to burn a successful, error-free disk and boot Ubuntu 9.04--but as soon as it takes over the machine (whether installing or just running off of the CD) all of my USB ports stop working. This happens with Ubuntu 8.04, and Kubuntu 8.1 (my roomates had install disks lying around.) This is very much a problem as my internet, keyboard, and mouse all use USB ports.

I am currently running Vistax64 with service pack 1 on an Acer AspireM5641. (Is that information useful? I don't know. I can find out whatever you want about my computer, especially if given directions.)

I'm pretty sure all the distros I was trying to install were 32 bit as well--would that cause problems, as I am running 64 bit?

Saxicide
June 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
*sigh* I suppose this means no one has any idea why this is happening. I can't even install drivers to fix the problem (if I could get my hands on a non-USB keyboard) because without functioning USB ports, I have no internet. ARGH