PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] XFCE themes - same as GTK themes?

Oceanwatcher
June 27th, 2009, 02:25 AM
I have just installed XFCE on a friends computer. It is an older (P3) computer that he will use for the kids.

As I am more familiar with Kubuntu and Ubuntu, I need to get up to speed on Xubuntu.

First of all - themes. I would like to get a theme that is similar to KDE4 in look. Yes, I know that all the effects etc. will not be there. I am simply talking about the wallpaper, icons and window styles. It is enough to create a more unified style for them since they already have Kubuntu in the house and Kubuntu is too heavy for their PC.

Second - Does XFCE have any remote desktop sharing similar to KDE?

Third - I tried opening an NTFS partition. I am used to get a question about sudo password, but here I just got an error message (it even said I should not have gotten it...)

Is NTFS supported as standard in Xubuntu?

I guess that is enough for now. :-)

philcamlin
June 27th, 2009, 02:30 AM
kde for themes

ubuntu themes arent as good :(

and everything in ubuntu is basically in kubuntu and xubuntu you just have to install

4Orbs
June 27th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Since last year Xubuntu can use gtk2 and xfce themes, but the window mgr is still xfce. So some gtk2 themes might appear incomplete when the window border doesn't match the theme's screenshot. Those gtk2 themes might also require a different gtk2 engine be installed to fully appreciate their features. Some of them depend heavily on Emerald theme mgr also.