PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] error after updating the NVidia Driver

Kizzmit5
June 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM
(I have no idea what they prefix is for so i'm guessing)

Hi, I hope I put this in the right place.

I have a new hard drive so I installed what I had thought was the new driver using the device manager but soon found out it wasn't the right one. So I went to the site and did the automatic install. I now have an error that says:

The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

So I went back to the site but I'm not sure if I need to uninstall the driver (or how and if I do uninstall will it hurt anything or cause anything not to work right?) and then reinstall. The version I'm using is 6.14.001.7519 I have a pc, not sure what other information is needed. I have a few other drivers that a "driver agent" says I need updated but am not sure where to get those updates.

Oh I did directx diagnostic tool and it says no problems found but something must be somewhere right? Let me know if you need more info.

(if you can't tell i'm really green so please don't use big words lol)