PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] More Trouble with 8.10 on HP Mini 2133

noahbrewer
June 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
After extensive consultation of the several seemingly comprehensive guides, I am still having a problem getting Ubuntu 8.10 to run on my new HP Mini 2133

I have used the pendrivelinux guide to create a bootable USB of the live CD

I was have been using the forum guide here (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/HP2133#How-To:%20Installing%20Ubuntu%208.10%20from%20USB/SD%20Card%20on%20the%20HP%202133%20Mini-Note) to try to install, with some help from a couple of other sources.

using xforcevesa the CD seems to boot (The progress bar reaches across the screen, though it turns a weird pixely green as it does so).

Then I get one of two things happening: 1) the screen scrolls through a bunch of code as if it might load the environment, but then stalls on a blank black screen with a blinking white cursor. OR, 2) the screen scrolls through with a bunch of colorful boxes and then goes black completely.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. I am relatively new to Ubuntu (running 9.04 Wubi on a different laptop), but I think that it will likely give me a HUGE performance boost over Vista for the types of stuff I use the Mini for.

Thanks.

Noah