PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Adding Locations to the GNOME Clock Applet

fundae
June 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Hi

How do I add new locations to location list in the GNOME clock applet? Is there a file I can edit somewhere. I want to add Bangalore, India to the list (ICAO code: VOBG) to the list. I'd like to file a bug, but I'm not sure where I should report it. Also, I'd be grateful if somebody could give me a quick fix that I could use until the bug is fixed.

On a side note its quite ridiculous that the applet doesn't have Bangalore which is one the largest cities in the world, but lists much smaller and nearly unheard of cities like Linkoping (no offence intended, I'm posting this message from Linkoping and its a very nice city with very nice people).

Thanks in advance,
Pramod

ronnyromero
February 23rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
i need to make a script that configures this clock applet, have you found a way to configure it without using the GUI?

mcduck
February 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
i need to make a script that configures this clock applet, have you found a way to configure it without using the GUI?

You should have probably started your own thread, since your question isn't really related to the original question.

..but anyway, the clock applet stores it's locations in gconf, so if you need to change the settings from command line you can use gconftool-2 to do that.

The relevant gconf key is apps/panel/applets/clock_screen0/prefs/cities.

drewsus
November 9th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I believe this would be the value you would want to set that key to:

[<location name="" city="Bangalore" timezone="Asia/Kolkata" latitude="12.949986" longitude="77.668205" code="VOBG" current="false"/>]