PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson. Rest in Peace

Kosimo
June 26th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Jackson, you've made me dance and feel your music.

Rest in Peace.

Tipped OuT
June 26th, 2009, 12:10 AM
The other thread got locked, and I've never got to say something so...

R.I.P. Micheal Jackson, although people said bad things about you, your were still a great entertainer.

It seems like everyone is dying now, R.I.P Bernie Mac. :(

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 12:13 AM
RIP Ed, Farrah, Michael... who else?

izizzle
June 26th, 2009, 12:13 AM
R.I.P Michael Jackson. Loved your music and your dances.

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Just heard the news. I think he deserves a thread in his name :)

metallicamike
June 26th, 2009, 12:36 AM
sorry for all of the accusations, i never really cared or believed them....
though it did make for one hell of a southpark episode

TheBuzzSaw
June 26th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I was not really a fan of him or his music, but he had many respectable accomplishments.

RIP MJ

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I don't think he was a child molester.

I do think he was a good person, and no one deserves the accusations he had.

Too much stress on a single soul. :(

EDIT:I hope they bury him with his glove. :)

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Don't forget the glitter socks

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 12:43 AM

Haha, yea, those too. I wish he was a relative of me. :D

MikeTheC
June 26th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Will they moonwalk his coffin to the grave site?

Seriously, RIP Michael Jackson. May you at last find the peace you never truly knew in life.

Teranaka666
Michael Jackson has died?????????????????

phantom232
rest in peace Micheal. Godspeed!

benerivo
June 26th, 2009, 12:47 AM
The best dancer and possibly the most talented entertainer i've ever seen. Unluckily for Michael, certain people got their claws in to him at a very early age (and he knew it...), and he became messed up in later life.

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 12:48 AM
His burial will be a Thriller :popcorn:

metallicamike
June 26th, 2009, 12:50 AM
i wonder if they will keep him white wen they embalm him? not to be racist at all. I'm serious, i just wonder things like that

gn2
June 26th, 2009, 12:50 AM

I do.

He was definitely a wrong-un.

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I do.

He was definitely a wrong-un.

Ok then. He was very shy...

lisati
June 26th, 2009, 12:53 AM
For all the accusations and stupid jokes, whether based in truth or not, MJ did make a contribution to our musical heritage.

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 12:56 AM
i wonder if they will keep him white wen they embalm him? not to be racist at all. I'm serious, i just wonder things like that

Well they can't change it back, it was a disease that caused the skin color change. And no not racist, a lot of people are curious about stuff like that

Sealbhach
June 26th, 2009, 01:22 AM
OMG, I thought this was some kind of joke until I looked at the news. I prefer to remember him like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9TUy0_GiM

Suaimhneas síoraí dó.

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 01:25 AM
OMG, I thought this was some kind of joke until I looked at the news. I prefer to remember him like this:

Suaimhneas síoraí dó.

Everyone should be remembered that way...

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 01:30 AM
We all know he is.

Who is what?

weverjames
June 26th, 2009, 01:31 AM
He was a great artist.
Life is short, should you enjoy it. Money can not buy happiness.

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I'm surprised this thread isn't larger than it is...:KS

TheBuzzSaw
June 26th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I'm surprised this thread isn't larger than it is...:KS
MJ's music is proprietary.

K.Y.A
June 26th, 2009, 01:40 AM
MJ's music is proprietary.
:lolflag: YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME

He is the pop king, so we can make an exception for him. :)

plb
June 26th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Rip

Ms_Angel_D
June 26th, 2009, 02:02 AM
May he R.I.P.

This is one my favorite MJ videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWvBXS2t4A

wingnux
June 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Rest in peace, Moonwalker. =(

Tews
June 26th, 2009, 02:16 AM
A Music legend .... RIP!

manikanth.r
June 26th, 2009, 02:34 AM
All my prayers 2 MJ,

U made me sing dance 2 ur tunes love u for all.

sdowney717
June 26th, 2009, 02:42 AM
will he be immortalized in a wax museum?

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 02:58 AM
will he be immortalized in a wax museum?

He's already immortalized in vinyl..

TheBuzzSaw
June 26th, 2009, 03:14 AM
His dances are immortal via WoW.

Swagman
June 26th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Rumour has it he's gone into the Chip Shop business

halovivek
June 26th, 2009, 03:43 AM
May your soul rest in peace. World lost the KING of POP.
:(

l-x-l
June 26th, 2009, 03:53 AM
R.i.p.

zeroseven0183
June 26th, 2009, 04:01 AM
He's a real Thriller and he's Bad.

Daisuke_Aramaki
June 26th, 2009, 04:10 AM
嫌な事もこれでお終い
きらなこともこれでおおい

It means you live only once. Though his later years did a lot of harm to all of his achievements, I still hope he will be remembered for the kind of music that he created. For anyone who grew up in the 80's I am sure Jackson did make an impact even if he or she never liked his kind of music.

R.I.P

Skripka
June 26th, 2009, 04:13 AM

Uh-huh.

amitabhishek
June 26th, 2009, 05:24 AM
RIP MJ!

Wikipedia were quick, they have already listed his death!!!

swoll1980
June 26th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I was going to say something, but I promised the mods I would chill out a little.

armageddon08
June 26th, 2009, 05:33 AM
King of pop.......r.i.p!

sharathpaps
June 26th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Rest in Peace Mike...:sad:

Wiebelhaus
June 26th, 2009, 06:07 AM
And here it comes , the media bashed him , belittled him , ostracized him , accused and crucified him and now they are going to honor him.

I don't have anything to say about him , I think everyone has said enough , I just wanted to point out how he was treated.

Messyhair42
June 26th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Stunned. we can always remember him through the jokes
RIP

The Toxic Mite
June 26th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Rest in peace, Michael Jackson. You will be sorely missed.

:'(

masux594
June 26th, 2009, 08:14 AM
+1

Sysc Michael, A

bhishan
June 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Rip

lisati
June 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
And long live Farrah's memory too!

mrphd
June 26th, 2009, 09:37 AM
rest in peace

kellemes
June 26th, 2009, 09:38 AM
RIP Farrah and Michael.

madverb
June 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Well they can't change it back, it was a disease that caused the skin color change. And no not racist, a lot of people are curious about stuff like that

Pretty sure Vitiligo doesn't work like that.

bigbrovar
June 26th, 2009, 10:26 AM
RIP Michael .. thanks for all the great music and smiles you brought to my face growing up .. :-({|=

*g!t5^_)*(H
June 26th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks to him a lot of people learned ‘How to heal the world’, to don’t care about ‘Black or white’ colors, o even to easily say ‘Just good friends’.

I’m sorry he has ‘Gone too soon’, sometimes freaks are need to improve the world. And today I’m a little bit sad because he is part of my ‘Childhood’.

R.I.P. Michael

rexy1
June 26th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Rest in peace, Michael! Sure had alot of fun together, his music and me. I can't help but think he had some more stuff to do before he was to pass away.

Eisenwinter
June 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
You're all hypocrites. That's all I have to say, don't be offended.

Heh...

meho_r
June 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM

Heh...

Thank you :D

Tipped OuT
June 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Heh...

Pshhh. >.>

andrek
June 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks to him a lot of people learned ‘How to heal the world’, to don’t care about ‘Black or white’ colors, o even to easily say ‘Just good friends’.

I’m sorry he has ‘Gone too soon’, sometimes freaks are need to improve the world. And today I’m a little bit sad because he is part of my ‘Childhood’.

R.I.P. Michael

Well said, well said..

Rest in Peace, Michael..

Eestlane
June 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Rest in peace.
Puhka rahus.

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM
R.I.P. Michael Jackson
You influenced a generation and more.

Still haven't seen a dancer that can out smooooth MJ's moves.

Radio station was talking about MJ and brought up his accomplishment in bringing all of those musicians together for "We Are The World". Considering that was the first of its kind, that was a heck of an accomplishment.

heyyy
June 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Unique on its own way...

heyyy
June 26th, 2009, 01:45 PM
one of my favorite
and surely one of the best

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 02:32 PM
What a joke. A few days ago people would have dismissed him as a total nutcase who finished making good music in the 80s. Now he`s dead and suddenly everyone loves him. Right. Personally I am happy that he stopped wasting oxygen, and equally happy for the children he knew who don`t have to deal with this complete wacko ever again. Won`t miss his music either.

I didn't like his music, and he was a nutcase, but I do have respect for the dead.

Michael Jackson, עַלָיו הַשָּׁלוֹם

RiceMonster
June 26th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I didn't like his music, and he was a nutcase, but I do have respect for the dead.

Michael Jackson, עַלָיו הַשָּׁלוֹם

But why does he deserve more respect than a doctor who's saved thousands of lives? I'm not going to gain respect for him just because he died. Sorry.

WatchingThePain
June 26th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think we can safely say he had mental problems but there were causes for that.

To me he seemed like a persecuted soul.

I always think a persons success can be judged by how much crap they have had thrown at them.

M.J. never had a "normal" life.

He was "bred" to entertain IMO.
It had been "ingrained" into the Man.
I say this because even though his health was poor, he was still planning new Concerts.

If you went to School in the 80's then you know what a big influence he has been.

Let's remember the Music which was and remains a Pinnacle, of what some consider the Halcyon days.

Respect.

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM
i think we can safely say he had mental problems but there were causes for that.

To me he seemed like a persecuted soul.

I always think a persons success can be judged by how much crap they have had thrown at them.

M.j. Never had a "normal" life.

He was "bred" to entertain imo.

If you went to school in the 80's then you know what a big influence he has been.

Let's remember the music which was a pinnacle of what some consider the halcyon days.

Respect.
+1

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 02:53 PM
But why does he deserve more respect than a doctor who's saved thousands of lives? I'm not going to gain respect for him just because he died. Sorry.

Michael Jackson doesn't deserve more respect than said doctor. But all dead people deserve respect. It has been said a culture can be measured by how its dead are treated.

MaindotC
June 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I hope that child molester goes straight to hell and burns. I'm not letting his charm blind me of his disgusting behaviour.

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I hope that child molester goes straight to hell and burns. I'm not letting his charm blind me of his disgusting behaviour.

Strong words for an innocent man.

EDIT: Michael Jackson was tried in a fair, American court, and was acquitted both times.

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2009, 03:02 PM

Did he?

Inappropriate? yes
Molesting? dunno
Malicious? unlikely

MaindotC
June 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Yes because in Amerikan courts no one is ever falsely convicted or falsely accquited...

RiceMonster
June 26th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Strong words for an innocent man.

EDIT: Michael Jackson was tried in a fair, American court, and was acquitted both times.

Right, because it's American, that makes it good. If it had been somewhere else, that would have not been credible, right?

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Didn't take long for somebody to come and trash this thread, did it?

WatchingThePain
June 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Right, because it's American, that makes it good. If it had been somewhere else, that would have not been credible, right?

In most Countries Citizens respect their own Justice system above others.
That's expected and Human Nature.

Eisenwinter
June 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
What a joke. A few days ago people would have dismissed him as a total nutcase who finished making good music in the 80s. Now he`s dead and suddenly everyone loves him. Right. Personally I am happy that he stopped wasting oxygen, and equally happy for the children he knew who don`t have to deal with this complete wacko ever again. Won`t miss his music either.
I completely agree. This is also why I said people are hypocrites about this subject.

Thank you.

+1.

EDIT:

+1 on this too. I hate how many Americans think that outside of the United States, live "lesser" people. I hate how many Americans are so arrogant.

Lets not jack this thread though.

forrestcupp
June 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM

Suaimhneas síoraí dó.

.He was awesome with the Jackson 5.

I'm haven't really been a huge fan for many years, but his Grammy performance of Billie Jean will never be topped. I also saw a performance of "Man in the Mirror" that moved me. He really poured his entire soul into his work.

I hope that child molester goes straight to hell and burns. I'm not letting his charm blind me of his disgusting behaviour.Have you ever read "To Kill a Mockingbird"? Or are you an eyewitness?

RobOrr
June 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM
A truly brilliant artist, with a pure view of the world.

Rest in peace.

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 04:19 PM

The man was philanthropist before it was cool, he's done so much to help people around the world. Don't be so quick to throw stones just because he was accused of a crime. As Sir Paul McCartney said he was a man-boy, a gentle soul. He was to innocent and trusting for his wealth. It was obvious to everyone that the boys mother was trolling for a con and MJ was an easy target. He's not a molester or a wacko, he's simply a man who never got to be child.

RiceMonster
June 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
The man was philanthropist before it was cool, he's done so much to help people around the world. Don't be so quick to throw stones just because he was accused of a crime. As Sir Paul McCartney said he was a man-boy, a gentle soul. He was to innocent and trusting for his wealth. It was obvious to everyone that the boys mother was trolling for a con and MJ was an easy target. He's not a molester or a wacko, he's simply a man who never got to be child.

Yeah, what a poor soul. I mean, he had to live in a mansion with all that money. My heart goes out to his tortured soul.

Also, i bet you wouldn't have been talking about him like that last week.

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Yes because in Amerikan courts no one is ever falsely convicted or falsely accquited...

No, people are falsely acquitted/convicted in American courts, but it is far less common (now) than in second/third world countries, simply because more accurate evidence can be obtained (think DNA), and he was tried in his country and the country he committed the crime in.

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Since I was born he has been a living legend and always had my praise.. only one of those changed yesterday... R.I.P MJ

xpod
June 26th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Did he get tried & aquitted twice??
I thought he paid his first accuser off long before it ever got to any court.

I certainly wont miss such a wrong un.

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Did he get tried & aquitted twice??
I thought he paid his first accuser off long before it ever got to any court.

I certainly wont miss such a wrong un.

The first case was DISMISSED due to a LACK OF EVIDENCE; the accuser was under the influence of a MIND-ALTERING SEDATIVE administered by his DISAPPROVING FATHER. (Note that this is more or less acquitted; this situation could have been retried if a sufficient amount of evidence had surfaced afterwards; but, no matter what the circumstances, the statute of limitations has long expired.) He paid $22,000,000 to settle the civil suit, something every celebrity/corporation does, if nothing else, to get rid of the stress involved, and to continue with life.

The second case, involving EVIDENCE from the FIRST CASE, Jackson was ACQUITTED.

(I capitalized those, hoping somebody will see them before posting more negative material relating to falsified criminal charges.)

blackxored
June 26th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Rest In Pace. He was a revolutionary of music.

MikeTheC
June 26th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Despite everything he achieved, it's my honest opinion he never was a totally or truly happy person. I don't think he really ever found peace in his life. Fame, glamor, adulation, sure. Ability to indulge all of his whims? Absolutely. Peace and tranquility? Not so much.

Eisenwinter
June 26th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah, what a poor soul. I mean, he had to live in a mansion with all that money. My heart goes out to his tortured soul.

Also, i bet you wouldn't have been talking about him like that last week.
I love you, RiceMonster.

+1.

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Despite everything he achieved, it's my honest opinion he never was a totally or truly happy person. I don't think he really ever found peace in his life. Fame, glamor, adulation, sure. Ability to indulge all of his whims? Absolutely. Peace and tranquility? Not so much.

He probably didn't, to be truthful. He was emotionally and physically abused by his father, who pushed him into entertainment.

It's easy to say his money would make you happy, but you haven't went through what he did to get that money, and what he went through to keep said money.

RiceMonster
June 26th, 2009, 05:44 PM
He probably didn't, to be truthful. He was emotionally and physically abused by his father, who pushed him into entertainment.

It's easy to say his money would make you happy, but you haven't went through what he did to get that money, and what he went through to keep said money.

Kids in Sudan have had their hands cut off by insurgents as a child and never become stars. Who's really suffering?

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Agreed. Plus he was surrounded by questionable people from the sounds of it which doesn't help.

Skripka
June 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Kids in Sudan have had their hands cut off by insurgents as a child and never become stars. Who's really suffering?

QFT. Someone who gets it.

LowSky
June 26th, 2009, 06:00 PM
MJ was a great entertainer, unfortunately he had too many people who took advantage of him, from his father and his family to the many others in the music industry. He most likely had some kind of mental breakdown sometime in the 1980's that led to the strange behavior of the rest of his life.
Unfortunately he never received any help because people would rather keep him making money. This behavior led to the many surgeries, the billions of dollars spent, and the craziness of the last decade. Look at Britney Spears who has had some similar behavior, when you become a celebrity that is that popular it messes with your head. Just look at the questionable actions of others like Angelina Jolie, Madonna, and countless others who fell into behavior.

sports fan Matt
June 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I agree with lowsky..RIP Michael.

hanzomon4
June 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM

QFT. Someone who gets it.

And who devoted himself to helping those suffering children?

dspari1
June 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I can't believe that so many people are honoring a child molester.

Peter Pan?
Never Land Ranch?
Surrounding himself with children?
How many of you would have honestly sent your child to visit him?

unisol
June 26th, 2009, 07:38 PM
RIP michael jackson, you are the king of pop!

Dark Aspect
June 26th, 2009, 08:03 PM
sorry for all of the accusations, i never really cared or believed them....
though it did make for one hell of a southpark episode

+1

South Park will make fun of anything, even Michael Jackson. May he rest in peace, he has alright music and I am not a die hard fan of his music. More than likely the person that accused him of being a pervert was after his money.

gjoellee
June 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM
R.I.P Michael....wait a sec, this is just a "Thriller"!

Dragonbite
June 26th, 2009, 08:12 PM
R.I.P Michael....wait a sec, this is just a "Thriller"!

Be one heck of a way to start a comeback tour!

gjoellee
June 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Be one heck of a way to start a comeback tour!

Yes, but I think I would be quite scared of MJ if he suddenly went on a comeback tour now.... :roll:

Dark Aspect
June 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, but I think I would be quite scared of MJ if he suddenly went on a comeback tour now.... :roll:

lol, would be kinda of like Rob Zombie with better music.

mynameinc
June 26th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I can't believe that so many people are honoring a child molester.

Peter Pan?
Never Land Ranch?
Surrounding himself with children?
How many of you would have honestly sent your child to visit him?

He was found innocent. If you were found innocent in a fair, American (I have already explained the use of 'American') court, would you want millions of people to continue with falsified allegations?

khelben1979
June 26th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I listened to him for the first time when I was, I think, 5 years old or something like that. The old songs he made was a masterpiece, in my opinion.

Then later when he came with songs like black and white it was all over for my part. Nothing that was produced would ever come close to what was produced back in the 80's.

He was a good artist and the music will make him immortal like many other artists in a way. I think that people will still know who he is in, perhaps the next 20 years to come, at least (probably much more, maybe?).

Bigtime_Scrub
June 26th, 2009, 10:07 PM
R.I.P. Michael. You had a crazy life and you accomplished much. Maybe you can find peace in the next life.

swoll1980
June 26th, 2009, 11:21 PM
He was found innocent.

Yeah, so was O.J. Doesn't mean much when you put it in context.

unoodles
June 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I never was a fan of his music, but its sad to see him go.

On a more techy note, Wikipeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_jackson#2009:_Death) has a really nice piece about the effect the news of his death has had on the Internet.
I think he deserves credit for how hugely famous he was that even Google "experienced technical difficulties" from the massive amount traffic created by his death.

gn2
June 26th, 2009, 11:29 PM
~ MJ ~ his accomplishment in bringing all of those musicians together for "We Are The World". Considering that was the first of its kind, that was a heck of an accomplishment.

I think Bob Geldof and Midge Ure might have something to say about that false claim.

I-75
June 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM
This has to be my favorite MJ tune. Liked this song for a long time. From 1972

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaLu6lHHSXg

gn2
June 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
He was found innocent. If you were found innocent in a fair, American (I have already explained the use of 'American') court, would you want millions of people to continue with falsified allegations?

On a television show broadcast in the UK Michael Jackson freely admitted sleeping in the same bed with teenage boys and he was of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with this.

Like I said before, he was definitely a wrong-un.

Gramps
June 26th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I had to turn my TV off you would have thought the pope died, not a child molester!

lisati
June 26th, 2009, 11:46 PM
The guy had his issues (don't we all? and I've seen the portion of the interview where he admits to sharing his bed) but he did make a contribution to the music industry.

I'm no lawyer but have heard that in many court systems, being found "not guilty" isn't the same as being proven "innocent". There's also the assumption of "innocent until proven guilty" and the idea of being proven guilty "beyond reasonable doubt".

hanzomon4
June 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Who here had a thriller jacket as a kid? *raises hand slowly*

Yvan300
June 27th, 2009, 12:33 AM
R.I.P MJ, you are the best.

DK-420
June 27th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I may not have agreed with his lifestyle, and at times it was difficult to believe the allegations. There are two sides to the coin here...at least for me. I respected him as an entertainer; there was really none like him. As many people have said in news reports, etc. he was a genius when it came to entertaining an audience, and that IMO is a fact. Being a parent myself, I couldn't fathom those allegations he was charged with. I didn't want to believe them, and I still feel myself a bit on the edge of believing it now... However, this thread should be about the magic that was Michael Jackson as an entertainer and human being. Look at all the wonderful things he has done for basically the world. People though have a tendency to look at the negative in any situation. Remember, he was a brother and son, who have a family grieving for him right now, as well as millions of others who in some respects felt like they knew him and was part of their family. Disrespect has no place in this thread. R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

kevdog
June 27th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I remember taking the Thriller vinyl album to school show-and-tell one day. What an album!!! MJ -- King of Pop! There has been no one like you since and sadly I see no one on the horizon like you!

philcamlin
June 27th, 2009, 02:49 AM
mj wast a bad person he just liked kids because they werent judgemental and he was abused when he grew up so he wanted to be able to give kids a childhood like he never had...

even though not meny people understood him :(

mynameinc
June 27th, 2009, 03:56 AM
On a television show broadcast in the UK Michael Jackson freely admitted sleeping in the same bed with teenage boys and he was of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with this.

Like I said before, he was definitely a wrong-un.

Big legal step from "sleeping in the same bed" to sexual abuse.

mynameinc
June 27th, 2009, 03:59 AM
... There's also the assumption of "innocent until proven guilty"... .

Right. The "presumption of innocence". Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states "Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which they have had all the guarantees necessary for their defence.".

philcamlin
June 27th, 2009, 04:00 AM
mj wasnt a bad person...

wen will yoy get it lol :D:D:D

mynameinc
June 27th, 2009, 04:04 AM
mj wasnt a bad person...

wen will yoy get it lol :D:D:D

I can't say if he was a bad person or not, I didn't know him first-hand; I am only assessing, using his legal record, if he was a criminal sex offender.

gn2
June 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Big legal step from "sleeping in the same bed" to sexual abuse.

Did I mention "legal" or "sexual abuse"?

No.

The fact is that what he freely admitted to doing is something that many find entirely inappropriate and unacceptable.

Tipped OuT
June 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I can't say if he was a bad person or not, I didn't know him first-hand; I am only assessing, using his legal record, if he was a criminal sex offender.

None of it was ever proven, do some reasearch about what happened. The mother of the "molested" child just wanted MJ's money. So, I guess you believe in the Tooth Fairy too? Just saying. :P

R.I.P.

Eisenwinter
June 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
So, I guess you believe in the Tooth Fairy too? Just saying. :P
WHAT?! You mean the tooth fairy isn't real?!

OH NO! :(

swoll1980
June 27th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Would you let your 12 year old son sleep at his house? I sure wouldn't.

SuperSonic4
June 27th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Am I the only one appalled by the sudden change in opinion of large sections in the world. Just last week many people were accusing him of molestation and now they are kissing his dead ***

Swagman
June 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Am I the only one appalled by the sudden change in opinion of large sections in the world. Just last week many people were accusing him of molestation and now they are kissing his dead ***

Also...

People mentioning Michael Jacksons Moonwalking but the walk he made famous is "The Escalator".

swoll1980
June 27th, 2009, 02:34 PM

Yeah, VH1 and MTV shredded him for years, now they're all having Michael Jackson marathon tributes.

Eisenwinter
June 27th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, VH1 and MTV shredded him for years, now they're all having Michael Jackson marathon tributes.
Yeah man, I can't stand that ****.

I was at the local bar yesterday, and MTV was playing Michael Jackson clips in a chain, it was disgusting.

And what's worse is, when they switched the channel to FTV (I hate that too), even there his death was mentioned, alongside with "condoleces to the family, friends, and millions of fans around the world". Disgusting.

What the hell does MJ have to do with FTV?

I hate humanity sometimes, I really do.

mynameinc
June 27th, 2009, 04:39 PM
None of it was ever proven, do some reasearch about what happened. The mother of the "molested" child just wanted MJ's money. So, I guess you believe in the Tooth Fairy too? Just saying. :P

R.I.P.

I know, that or all intents and purposes Jackson was acquitted the first time, and was actually acquitted the second. That's what I was saying in my post, I can't say if Jackson was a bad person, but, legally, he was innocent.

By the way, many find jay-walking inappropriate. Unless you PERSONALLY knew Jackson, how can you make an assessment about his personality?

mynameinc
June 27th, 2009, 04:44 PM
WHAT?! You mean the tooth fairy isn't real?!

OH NO! :(

How can he say the tooth fairy isn't real? When I lost teeth, I always woke up to a quarter. :D

Next these guys are going to say Santa's not real! AND I KNOW HE'S REAL! I HAVE SEEN HIM AT THE MALL MANY TIMES! DO NOT DENY THE EXISTENCE OF SANTA!

t0p
June 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM

Too much stress on a single soul. :(

You ever heard of Gary Glitter? A big star in his day, and while he wasn't as well loved as Jackson, he still had a huge following.

Then it turned out he was a paedophile and he's been reviled ever since.

Maybe if he'd paid off the accusing child's family, things would have been different...

BslBryan
June 27th, 2009, 10:58 PM
He revolutionized music, and he will be missed, but I don't understand why people just can't let the guy die.

Hyper Tails
June 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I never had a cd or tape of him because I am only 15 and I wasen't here in the 80's so Still Rest in peace!!
we'll miss you!!

Tipped OuT
June 28th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I know, that or all intents and purposes Jackson was acquitted the first time, and was actually acquitted the second. That's what I was saying in my post, I can't say if Jackson was a bad person, but, legally, he was innocent.

By the way, many find jay-walking inappropriate. Unless you PERSONALLY knew Jackson, how can you make an assessment about his personality?

What? You lost me at that last sentence. If you're saying that I'm making an assessment about his personality, then you're wrong, I've never said anything like that, I just said, you can't go and call some one a Pedophile just because he had an accusation of being one, that was never proven in the first place.

Eh, but yeah, the first few sentences I completely agree with you.

I don't see how the whole Jay-walking thing is relevant though.

hanzomon4
June 28th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I never had a cd or tape of him because I am only 15 and I wasen't here in the 80's so Still Rest in peace!!
we'll miss you!!

Buy the albums Thriller and Bad, youtube the videos of his live performances. Your friends may not think that you're cool for listening to some MJ, but the wealth of musical/dance/entertainment knowledge is worth being uncool.. The man was genius

DougieFresh4U
June 28th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Am I the only one appalled by the sudden change in opinion of large sections in the world. Just last week many people were accusing him of molestation

+1
May Michael finally be at peace.
R.I.P.

MikeTheC
June 28th, 2009, 07:58 AM
It seems like everyone is dying now, R.I.P Bernie Mac. :(

Yeah, I just heard John Lennon died. Isn't that a bummer?

jhf429
June 28th, 2009, 09:20 AM
He was a great artist and made some amazing albums in the 80's. All child stars have had their issues. The parents were after money and I don't care what other people say. The man paid for children with cancer to receive treatment. I'm serious when I say let him both Dance In Peace and Rest In Peace wherever he may be. Every negative person should not post here start your own topic for that stuff.

lisati
June 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM
On tv right now in my place is an episode of "Family Guy" which deals with drugs: I notice that the TV station had removed a line from the song "A bag of weed" that poked a bit of fun, presumably out of respect...

hanzomon4
June 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I just heard John Lennon died. Isn't that a bummer?

why was that needed? go troll some other thread

glack
June 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
The news media is a cesspit. Ringing up anyone for a comment.

Probably the biggest entertainer of all time, certainly on a par with Elvis and the Beatles, and you've got dreary no-nothing pond life lining up to twitter complete rubbish.

The Zen adage never rang truer "If you can't improve on silence, don't say anything at all".

Just play his tunes from the 70's and 80's and let them speak for themselves.

SuperSonic4
June 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM
+1
May Michael finally be at peace.
R.I.P.

Couldn't agree more, it's a shame the news media has no shame and will do anything to sell papers. The following quote sums it up really

"Or sometimes such men were so vilely abused that it looked as if their names would soon stand as permanent symbols of the worst kind of baseness. In order to estimate properly the really pernicious influence which the Press can exercise one had to study the infamous method whereby honourable and decent people were besmirched with mud and filth, in the form of low abuse and slander, from hundreds and hundreds of quarters simultaneously as if commanded by some magic formula."

gn2
June 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
The Zen adage never rang truer "If you can't improve on silence, don't say anything at all".

Just a pity Michael Jackson didn't follow that teaching, his music was simply awful.

Popular, but awful.

mynameinc
June 28th, 2009, 07:56 PM
What? You lost me at that last sentence. If you're saying that I'm making an assessment about his personality, then you're wrong, I've never said anything like that, I just said, you can't go and call some one a Pedophile just because he had an accusation of being one, that was never proven in the first place.

Eh, but yeah, the first few sentences I completely agree with you.

I don't see how the whole Jay-walking thing is relevant though.

I wasn't talking to you in the last sentence. I was talking to the other people calling Michael a pervert, a bad person, and a "wrong un". Sorry for the confusion. I was stating that the morality and the "right-ness" of one's acts is relative, so we can't assess his personality unless we personally know him.

dmizer
June 29th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I think that this thread has been open long enough for those who wish to say what they felt. Beyond that, the topic has strayed too far off topic, as well as inspired flames.

Thank you all for participating.