PDA

View Full Version : Projects in geany

wbest
June 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I'm trying to compile and execute an entire project in geany. But I can only seem to compile one .cpp file at a time.

I'm trying to port an entire project from Windows to Linux, so I have both Wine geany and normal Linux geany, so help in either would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you have an idea of what may work better for trying to compile and run my project in Wine, I'd love to hear it. I am not married to the idea of getting this to work in Wine, nor straight in Linux. My job is really just to evaluate the possibility of getting this all to work in Linux, and getting started on the conversion, of course.

pokerbirch
June 25th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I've never had any luck with Geany for anything bigger than a single file. Good news is that Code::Blocks is similar to Visual Studio and will also allow you to import VS projects. The IDE is also cross-platform so i find it ideal for coding in both Linux and Windows...

wbest
June 25th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Okay, thanks...getting CODE::BLOCKS will be difficult, though, they make it hard for me to download stuff to my computer at work.
Maybe I'll download the tarball at home and bring it in to work.

Thanks for your help.