PDA

View Full Version : anyone else used the ubuntu store?

ELD
June 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I just purchased myself an ubuntu beanie from the store, anyone else got it or used the store for something else?

Gotta love payday!

Sealbhach
June 25th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yes, I bought the "I do it with Ubuntu" teeshirt.

philcamlin
June 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
ah i wanna buy some stuff from there

looks cool :popcorn:

Dragonbite
June 25th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I got the black baseball cap a while ago and I love the conversations that it starts. Linux people, regardless of distro, ask "You Ubuntu?", and non-Linux people ask "what is Ubuntu?".

Then there are the looks I catch every so often that doesn't make it to any conversation.

DeadSuperHero
June 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I got me a cotton Ubuntu t-shirt.

Philitas
June 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I love my Ubuntu keychain. It's just the right weight.

philcamlin
June 25th, 2009, 06:47 PM
i want to get the flash drive and a hat
:popcorn:

starcraft.man
June 25th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Does the international site ship to the Great North? I only saw prices listed in US, Pounds and Euro... a shirt might be nice.

free-as-in-free-beer
June 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Is the "I do it with Ubuntu" supposed to have a sexual connotation? just asking.

philcamlin
June 25th, 2009, 07:19 PM
lol umm you do it with the logo on your shirt ?

that was in no way sexual lol just responding to what he said

Dragonbite
June 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Is the "I do it with Ubuntu" supposed to have a sexual connotation? just asking.

Anything said or read can (and often will) be warped into some kind of sexual reference.

I call it a talent. :lolflag:

mr-woof
June 25th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I want one of those mouse matts, as this one is really, really old. I think it came with my amiga lol

Anyone got a ubuntu mouse matt?

philcamlin
June 25th, 2009, 08:00 PM
hehe i do it with ubuntu :P

izizzle
June 25th, 2009, 08:05 PM
^ after 9 PM. :lolflag:

ELD
June 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM
^ after 9 PM. :lolflag:
haha good one

good to see i'm not the only one buying things :D

lisati
June 25th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I have an Ubuntu lanyard - good for hanging my MP3 player round my neck.

EDIT (4 days later): bumped into an acquaintance who spotted the lanyard...... nice little chat which could have gone on longer if he hadn't been on his way to the bus and my mouth wasn't numbed up from having just had a filling (and two teeth out last week).

ELD
June 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Well just got my hat today, dead pleased, good quality and good fit :D.

Will definitely be using the store again next payday (or whenever they next get some more ubuntu mugs in stock!!).

Nevon
June 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I've been wanting to get one of those messenger bags for a while now, but they're quite expensive. I still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I should actually get them.

magh-87
June 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I picked up a t-shirt for my girlfriend and one for myself from the shop. I also picked up 3 lanyards which took FOREVER to get here. I had ordered them back in (start) February and my girlfriends birthday was in April.. I didn't get anything until late May.

Lesson learned: I enjoy the products, but don't order something if you expect it right away :(

I still wear the t-shirt almost every week, and I have the "made with bamboo" black lanyard holding onto my keys, also sported by my beaner, which I use on a daily basis.

Some really cool looking stuff in the shop now though :)

ELD
June 30th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Depends when you are, i am in the UK, got mine a day or two after i ordered (should have got it saturday but the postman must have knocked on the door super quiet!).

3rdalbum
June 30th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I got my cap and hoodie really quickly. They're both good quality items too, I'm pleased.

MellonCollie
June 30th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I would have killed a flock of sheep for one of the limited edition Hardy Heron t-shirts, but I didn't notice they had them on sale until after they were sold out. I might get a mug one day.

geekygirl
June 30th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I bought an Ubuntu tshirt from the store a couple of months ago - it only took 2 weeks to ship it here to Australia as well which was impressive, and the garment quality is excellent \\:D/

Dragonbite
June 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I've been wanting to get one of those messenger bags for a while now, but they're quite expensive. I still haven't made up my mind as to whether or not I should actually get them.

If you get one, let us know what you think of it. I've looked at them and also balked at the price and wonder if they are worth it or not.

daverich
June 30th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I ordered a mousemat like aaages ago.

Never turned up.

And I'm talking like 6 months now.

:(

I dont mind too much, I just wanted to support ubuntu,- but it would've been nice to have got it.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Fatal Toenail Infection
June 30th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I ordered a mousemat like aaages ago.

Never turned up.

And I'm talking like 6 months now.

:(

I dont mind too much, I just wanted to support ubuntu,- but it would've been nice to have got it.

Kind regards

Dave Rich

:neutral: You should probably try to contact someone about that. I'm sure they would send you out a new one ASAP.

wgarider
June 30th, 2009, 01:42 PM
My wife has bought a couple things there - t-shirts, mousepad, etc....

fatality_uk
June 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM
3 laptop bagsand few bits.

night-wing
June 30th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Yes, I bought powerdvd.

Sublime Porte
June 30th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Not till they offer paypal. I did buy a messenger bag with Ubuntu logo from another store ages ago, can't remember where though.

Leed
June 30th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Wonder why they don't sell metallic stickers with the Ubuntu logo on, to replace the windows ones on our machines

drawkcab
June 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I bought a hoody that I wear a lot. It's OK. I mainly wanted to throw some money in Canonical's direction and promote Ubuntu.

XubuRoxMySox
June 30th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Got a hat and a lanyard, but they were all out of teeshirts at the time... want a hoodie and a teeshirt too. Not that I needed any of it, but just to support the project.

Screwdriver0815
June 30th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I bought:

2 coffee mugs

some stickers

a lanyard

3 t-shirts

1 key-chain-thing

1 wireless mouse

1 usb flash drive

1 Messenger Bag for the Laptop - its really really good!

ELD
July 1st, 2009, 03:24 PM
I bought:

2 coffee mugs

some stickers

a lanyard

3 t-shirts

1 key-chain-thing

1 wireless mouse

1 usb flash drive

1 Messenger Bag for the Laptop - its really really good!

Blimey i wonder if anyone can beat that!

I do plan to buy 2 mugs from them:http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=203

Which are out of stock, HINT i want some :P

magh-87
August 11th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I was at a party last night and I was getting ready to go, someone noticed my lanyard. Of course it's `one of these (http://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=410&osCsid=76053853e4ae31d4d7c3fb6576981398) and it sparked a 30 minute conversation about Ubuntu, Linux, and Windows 7. I can't wait to get my new stuff in the mail. I ordered the new stuff in the middle of July and it still is "being processed for delivery abroad"

emeurant
November 3rd, 2009, 01:50 PM
Ordered many stuff 2 months ago (about 100 €).
I still did not received anything yet and I'am very disapointed cause there is no way to contact canonical by phone.

I let 2 inquiries on the canonical store but they did not answer anything.

This is a very bad point when you try to sell support services !!!!

3rdalbum
November 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
They offer Paypal now.

I just ordered 5 Kubuntu pens for work (the Ubuntu pens were out of stock), a mug and a polo shirt.

The very next day, they introduced the new black caps (which I had wanted) and halved the price of the Kubuntu pens! Oh well... I'll get a cap some other time.

Dragonbite
November 3rd, 2009, 03:33 PM
Ordered many stuff 2 months ago (about 100 €).
I still did not received anything yet and I'am very disapointed cause there is no way to contact canonical by phone.

I let 2 inquiries on the canonical store but they did not answer anything.

This is a very bad point when you try to sell support services !!!!

How long ago did you contact them?

ukripper
November 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
I wanted nice hoodie with blended ubuntu design. But store has only crap choices with ubuntu sticker, not my fav designs.

ukripper
November 3rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Wonder why they don't sell metallic stickers with the Ubuntu logo on, to replace the windows ones on our machines

+1, been looking for so long..

Dragonbite
November 3rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
+1, been looking for so long..

Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to System76 and they will send you Four 'Powered by Ubuntu' stickers and Four 'Ubuntu Key' stickers.

Information here (http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9).

ukripper
November 3rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to System76 and they will send you Four 'Powered by Ubuntu' stickers and Four 'Ubuntu Key' stickers.

Information here (http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9).

Thanks. That's wicked!

Danja12
April 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Got a cool Ubuntu T-shirts for my team..!! Wanna send a self-addressed stamped envelope to System76soon...!!

Dragonbite, Thanks mate..for letting me knowing something which I would never know..!!

kaldor
April 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
I sent 2 envelopes to System76. I live in Canada, so I of course used their BC address.

That was a year ago. Are there any other sources? :(

samalex
April 22nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
When you mentioned Ubuntu Store I was thinking of the Ubuntu One Music Store :) I've purchased a few songs through there already, but nothing from the online store with shirts and such. I'd love to get an Ubuntu Mug if they have one. I've about worn out my Linux.org mug I've had for years.

Sam

Dragonbite
April 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM
When you mentioned Ubuntu Store I was thinking of the Ubuntu One Music Store :) I've purchased a few songs through there already, but nothing from the online store with shirts and such. I'd love to get an Ubuntu Mug if they have one. I've about worn out my Linux.org mug I've had for years.

Sam

How extensive is their music selection?