PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't see title bar

mthalis
June 25th, 2009, 04:43 AM
After enabling desktop effect. I can't see title bar in any window(Firefox, terminal,etc..).If i remove effect then i can see title bar. please help me i want enable desktop effect how can i fix it.

My monitor is 17, Graphic card 7300GT,1gb ram, Ubuntu 9.04.

mthalis
June 25th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Please help me.

ad_267
June 25th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Do you have the compiz settings manager installed? If not you can install the compizconfig-settings-manager package. Then open the settings manager and make sure the window decorator plugin is enabled and the command is set to "gtk-window-decorator --replace".

For a temporary fix you can press Alt+F2 and run "gtk-window-decorator --replace".

Divider
June 25th, 2009, 09:23 AM
you can also switch out of compiz until you can debug your issue further using...

sudo metacity --replace gdm

ad_267
June 25th, 2009, 09:31 AM
sudo metacity --replace gdm

Shouldn't that just be "metacity --replace"?. Using sudo to run the window manager as root is a really bad idea, and I don't think the gdm part would do anything except maybe return an error. Anyways, they've already done this by disabling visual effects.

mthalis
June 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
yes I already installed compiz settings manage. If I enabling visual effect to normal or extra this happen if i select none show all windows titles bars.

ad_267
June 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM
yes I already installed compiz settings manage. If I enabling visual effect to normal or extra this happen if i select none show all windows titles bars.

Did you check that the window decoration plugin is enabled? And did you try running "gtk-window-decorator --replace"?

If that command doesn't do anything then open a terminal from Applications - Accessories - Terminal and run "gtk-window-decorator --replace &" and see what output you get.