PDA

View Full Version : CD drive automatically closes

Yes
June 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
My computer just barely fits under my desk, so when I open the CD drive the tray hits the desk. There's plenty of room to put CDs in or take them out, but since the tray hits the desk the CD drive automatically closes rather quickly. Is there anyway I can force the tray to stay open until I press the button to close it?

LookTJ
June 24th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Is there anyway I can force the tray to stay open until I press the button to close it?No I don't think so, unless you can use a laptop cd drive or are willing to break your CD drive.

Or you could make more room, like put it someplace else near the desk.

I've never experiment with this before. Good luck:)

mintochris
June 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM
open it up, and unscrew the cd drive, move it back 1-2cm, screw it up again.

Thank you, I'll be here all evening.

Yes
June 25th, 2009, 12:54 AM
open it up, and unscrew the cd drive, move it back 1-2cm, screw it up again.

Thank you, I'll be here all evening.

The computer, or the CD drive itself?

PurposeOfReason
June 25th, 2009, 12:57 AM
The computer, or the CD drive itself?
The cd drive.

Yes
June 25th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, alright. Will it be pretty obvious what I need to move back? And will I need anything other than a screwdriver?

PurposeOfReason
June 25th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah, alright. Will it be pretty obvious what I need to move back? And will I need anything other than a screwdriver?
It'll be the box, about the size of a paperback book in lenght, at the same height as the cd drive. You'll probably need a phillips screwdriver, that is it. There should be four screws, one in each corner of the drive. Some cases are tool-less which would mean you could do nothing about it, but I doubt that is the case here.

Yes
June 25th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Alright, thanks :)