PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft casting for Office 2010 ad campaign

Vostrocity
June 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Anyone on this forum interested in this? :D Microsoft is currently asking for signups for their Office 2010 Real Life Stories program. All you need to do is fill out an online application. You get a free copy of Office 2010 and a loaner laptop for 6 months. It also says "this person is good in front a camera and is a great communicator" and "there may be an opportunity to share your story on a larger level through Microsoft’s public relations and marketing efforts". So I'm guessing you'll be in something like one of those Windows 'laptop hunters" ads.
https://connect.microsoft.com/officecustomerstories

monsterstack
June 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I have big curly hair and a big fuzzy beard and a big nose and I wear mouldy old NHS glasses. Also, despite being over six foot tall (187 centimetres), I weigh less than a squirrel. I am not the chap for this job.

HappyFeet
June 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
No thank you.

fatality_uk
June 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
To paraphrase the great Ali:

"I'm too pretty to be in a Microsoft ad"

Firestem4
June 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
why not do it and when you have to do the recording say "Its nearly as good as Open Office!"

DeadSuperHero
June 24th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I'm totally signing up for this, it'll look great on my IMDB portfolio years from now.

"His first major hit was a series of Microsoft ads."

Giant Speck
June 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Meh.

While I prefer Microsoft Office to OpenOffice, I wouldn't want to be in a commercial for it. To be completely honest, I wouldn't want to be in any commercials. Commercials are stupid.