PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Solutions Developer vs Computer Science Degree

puddinlover
June 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I plan to become a programmer but right now I'm faced with a sticky situation... I posted my situation HERE (http://codejustin.com/solutions-developer-vs-computer-science-degree-colleges/) and I'm hoping for some advice!:confused:

CrazyMonkeyFox
June 24th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Personally I am doing a Computer Science Degree at the moment, you learn alot, down to how the machine works. You also learn to program, and the foundations of good programming, and in general the foundations of a computer system. If you wish to just program, learn the foundations of good programming and nothing else a solutions developer sounds good.( I am in no way starting something here, I have no experience of a solutions developer course) However, if you really want to learn as much as you can about computers, while also doing the programming side of things; Computer Science is what you want. : )

Thats my $0.02 anyway, whatever you choose good luck in it.

monsterstack
June 24th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry, but Solutions Developer is a phrase that turns me right off. It's one of those nothing phrases parroted by businessmen who don't even feel stupid when they say "blue skies thinking" and "thinking out of the box" and "paradigm shift". Repulsive. but other than that, I don't have any opinion on the two courses available to you. Sorry. :(