PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Window activation shorcuts in Gnome

jackhab
June 24th, 2009, 09:26 AM
There is a nice feature in KDE - each window class can be assigned a keyboard shortcut. This way after assigning shortcuts to frequently used windows I don't have to use Atl-Tab anymore - I just hit a key to switch directly to the desired window/application.

But I switched to Gnome lately...
Is there a way to implement it in Gnome?

morkelkey
June 24th, 2009, 11:59 AM
+ –

Alt+F2Display the Run Application dialog.
Print ScreenTake a screenshot of the entire desktop. + –
Alt+Print ScreenTake a screenshot of the currently focused window. + –
Ctrl+Alt+Arrow keysSwitch to the workspace to the specified direction of the current workspace. + –
Ctrl+Alt+DMinimize all windows and give focus to the desktop. + –
Alt+TabSwitch between windows. A list of windows that you can select is displayed. Release the keys to select a window. You can press the Shift key to cycle through the windows in reverse order.
Ctrl+Alt+TabSwitch the focus between the panels and the desktop. A list of items that you can select is displayed. Release the keys to select an item. You can press the Shift key to cycle through the items in reverse order.

jackhab
June 24th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Maybe I didn't explained it clearly.

What I mean is that in KDE one can assign, for instance, Ctrl-1 to activate konsole and Ctrl-Alt-F to activate Firefox and Ctrl-Win-Z to activate, say, SpeedCrunch and then switch to the needed window directly without cycling through all the open windows.