PDA

View Full Version : New Website - Need Advice

AndThenWhat
June 23rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
So I've made a new security news website. I do all of the testing and management on Ubuntu!
Anyways, I feel like it needs a twist to make it different from other security news sites. So, does anyone have any pointers?

Site:

http://www.websecuritynetwork.co.nr :)

JordyD
June 24th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Forum?

AndThenWhat
June 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Forum?

That seems like a good idea. I was also thinking probably should allow users to submit content. Thanks.

thisllub
June 24th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I think the way you put your credit card number in the Amazon / SSL article was just fine.

DeadSuperHero
June 24th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Not to be rude, as I imagine you're just starting out, however I think this needs to be mentioned:

.co.nr domains are shoddy at best. Yes, you can get them for free, but if you want your site to stay around and grow, you're going to need to make a name for yourself on a .com, .net, or .org website.

Best of luck!

AndThenWhat
June 24th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Not to be rude, as I imagine you're just starting out, however I think this needs to be mentioned:

.co.nr domains are shoddy at best. Yes, you can get them for free, but if you want your site to stay around and grow, you're going to need to make a name for yourself on a .com, .net, or .org website.

Best of luck!

Lol yes you're 100% correct. The reason I chose a .co.nr for now is to try to gain a following and get the basics right so I can fund the .com domain with google ads. Thanks for all of the tips thus far.

AndThenWhat
June 24th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I think the way you put your credit card number in the Amazon / SSL article was just fine.

lol. I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about?

Saint Angeles
June 24th, 2009, 04:19 AM
i was wondering... are you using some sort of Content Management System to make this site? is it PHP?

i would suggest playing around with Drupal ( http://www.drupal.org ). it kicks some serious ****. you can make your site be a message board, blog, news aggregator, image gallery... i mean, they have hundreds of modules and themes available.