PDA

View Full Version : TheLinuxLaptop.com

PhilB77
June 23rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
Hey all,
I'm currently having problems with an outstanding order at TheLinuxLaptop.com. Basically I have placed an order and waited (eagerly) for over a month now but still haven't received my order. I have tried to contact the company (and parent company) several times by e-mail and I have received no response from either even though it's been two weeks since I sent my first e-mail.

They have taken my money, and I'm starting to get a little concerned. I would call their company phone number but because of my current phone deal I am unable to dial internationally (I am UK based).

I would like to know if anyone here has had any experiences with the website in question in the past?

Given that all the Linux laptops they stock ship with Ubuntu, I thought it would make sense to check here for any possible customers :)

Any insight you peeps could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

gn2
June 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
If you're in the UK, what on earth are you doing buying a laptop from the USA?

Four weeks isn't an undue delay in delivery when you consider that they might have to order in from supplier, then install Linux, then post it on to the UK.

pat23_2007
June 23rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
Important Notice:

Due to popular demand, we are currently backordered by approximately 1-2 weeks.
Please expect a short delay in receiving your new Linux Laptop!

Is what their website says.

PhilB77
June 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
I'm not really bothered about the delivery time (sorry I didn't make that clear initially) although I believe it has taken longer than was estimated. I'm just concerned that they haven't responded to any e-mails I have sent them. E-mails certainly don't take weeks to deliver ;)

Therion
June 23rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
I could call them on your behalf. I'm stuck at work and bored stiff, so...